“Great place to stay”

Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Maggie Valley
A TripAdvisor Member
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed May 28, 2004

My wife and I stayed at this place May 21 and 22, 2004. The motel had just been purchased by new owners. Rooms were in great shape and if you had a problem it was taken care of promptly. The owners said they had a lot of work to do in the next year. Restuarant and lounge for one. We were there with about 40 other motorcyclist and could not have been happier. On Saturday night there was a NASCAR race we wanted to watch and they right away opened a conference room with a TV to accomadate all who wanted to watch the race. The people that ran the front desk were very curtious and answered any question we had including giving us maps of the area. We will be there again next year with our other friends from Big Bike Riders.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

A TripAdvisor Member
Simpsonville, SC
Reviewed August 3, 2003

We booked the room about a month ahead of time online. We were with our 22 month old and were under the impression that we were getting a suite. When we arrived, we noticed that the exterior of the building looked a little run down. (not at all like the picture online)
I checked in while my wife and son stayed in the car. He was asleep so I went to check the room out. I was glad I did. The "suite" consisted of a slightly larger room with a pull out sofa in the corner. The room smell reminded me of an old dorm at a college. The queen bed was actually a "hide-a-bed" that retracted into the wall. The sofa bed had a bad tear on the back cushion. The bathroom counter had cigarette burn marks on it, even though we had a "non-smoking room". The tub had some damage in it, but had been laid over with some type of cover.
We left in search of somewhere else to stay. We found a great room, with everything we needed at the Ramada Limited. By the way it was about $30.00 per night cheaper. The clerk at the Ramada also told me that the Quality Inn had been closed and untouched all Winter and Spring. (I guess this accounted for the dorm smell.)
I suggest finding somewhere else to stay. There are better accomodations for less money in Maggie Valley. Feel free to e-mail me with questions.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Four Seasons Inn
Four Seasons Inn
#13 of 25 in Maggie Valley
Best Western Smoky Mountain Inn

Been to Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center? Share your experiences!