We stayed at this hotel during our vacation to North Carolina/Tennessee because our two teenage children wanted to spend the day in Cherokee and then wanted to see the elk. I called to reserve our room a month in advance. I was a little surprised that my debit card was charged immediately. The person who took my reservation never mentioned the immediate charge.
I went online to the website to see if it would be cheaper to book online and it was by $11.00. I called the lady at the front desk back and she said to just tell the person upon check in that they overcharged me and they would return the cash once I arrived.
On the day of arrival my daughter and I went in to check in and there was one lady handling all of the office responsibility. She was easily distracted by other guest/telephone/etc. When I mentioned to her of the amount I was overcharged she acted like she wasn't concerned. I showed her that the receipt she had just given me stated my rate was a certain price and then a few lines down showed that they had charged my card almost $11.00 more than the rate stated on the receipt she handed me. Long story short, they never "got back to me" about the overcharge like they said she would. The office was still closed the next morning when my family checked out.
The pool is open on Sundays, but only to adults who attend the Tiki Bar. This was never mentioned to me during the reservation process either. I made a point to tell the front desk clerk that took my reservation that I was traveling with teens and that they would want to swim.
In my opinion this room was overpriced. There is no microwave or fridge in the room. The hotel is very old and I will NEVER stay here again simply because of how my situation was handled.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center is a full service hotel located at the entrance to Maggie Valley NC. With 98 rooms and ample parking we can meet all of your individual and group needs. Smoking and nonsmoking rooms are available along with fireplace and hot tub suites. Our award winning restaurant, The Rendezvous, offers a wide range of sandwiches and entrees and has a full ABC permit. During the summer months we have an outdoor pool for registered hotel guests only and tiki bar for your enjoyment. Live music is offered Thursday thru Saturday and Sunday. Maggie never had it so good!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maggie Valley Hotel Maggie Valley
- Quality Inn Maggie Valley
- Maggie Valley Quality Inn