“No Swimming on Sunday (at least if your a teenager)”

Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Maggie Valley
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed at this hotel during our vacation to North Carolina/Tennessee because our two teenage children wanted to spend the day in Cherokee and then wanted to see the elk. I called to reserve our room a month in advance. I was a little surprised that my debit card was charged immediately. The person who took my reservation never mentioned the immediate charge.

I went online to the website to see if it would be cheaper to book online and it was by $11.00. I called the lady at the front desk back and she said to just tell the person upon check in that they overcharged me and they would return the cash once I arrived.

On the day of arrival my daughter and I went in to check in and there was one lady handling all of the office responsibility. She was easily distracted by other guest/telephone/etc. When I mentioned to her of the amount I was overcharged she acted like she wasn't concerned. I showed her that the receipt she had just given me stated my rate was a certain price and then a few lines down showed that they had charged my card almost $11.00 more than the rate stated on the receipt she handed me. Long story short, they never "got back to me" about the overcharge like they said she would. The office was still closed the next morning when my family checked out.

The pool is open on Sundays, but only to adults who attend the Tiki Bar. This was never mentioned to me during the reservation process either. I made a point to tell the front desk clerk that took my reservation that I was traveling with teens and that they would want to swim.

In my opinion this room was overpriced. There is no microwave or fridge in the room. The hotel is very old and I will NEVER stay here again simply because of how my situation was handled.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Shan-oh-man
elizabethrCharlotte, Owner at Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

We apologize for any inconvenience during your recent stay. We use these reviews to improve our customer service as we continually strive to make each visitors stay a positive one.

There are newer reviews for Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Great little place, friendly knowledgable staff, I actually meet the owner who helped us plan some of the days activities. As mentioned before the building is a little dated but very very clean. I would defiantly recommend Maggie valley inn to anyone visiting in the area

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Mike J
elizabethrCharlotte, Owner at Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review The Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center on TripAdvisor. We are pleased you enjoyed your night with us and will share your positive comments with our staff!! Come back soon and enjoy all that Maggie Valley has to offer. Safe travels!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

most hotels have a reasonable cancellation policy of 24 to 48 hours. WARNING: they have a cancellation policy of ONE WEEK. pray that nothing comes up that prevents you from showing up or they will steal one night's stay from you. I have learned my lesson and will never stay or recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Shawn H

We apologize that you were unhappy with our cancellation policy. We take each review seriously and use them to make changes and improve our customer service.

Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here Friday Saturday and left Sunday the hotel is dated for sure but the people were extremely helpful and friendly the hotel was clean and beds soft I went for a car show and it rained all weekend but we went and seen the wild elk because this hotel is the closet to the park we actually got to see them they were huge and beautiful just a tip go early in the morning like sunrise overall great trip

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Dale E
elizabethrCharlotte, Owner at Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

We love the Elk too!!! In fact, they have visited in our front yard a couple of time. This was a real treat for our guests. Thank you for your review and have a great day!!!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I read the reviews of other travelers and I agree with the people that said this is a great place. It is older as a lot of people mentioned, but it is one of the cleanest places we have ever stayed. The people are through the roof friendly, actually amazing how nice they are. We stayed in a King Suite and it was extremely comfortable. It was cool at night and lighting the electric fireplace made it warm and cozy. The bed and pillow were super comfy, slept very well. We were there for an oyster festival, otherwise probably would never have found the place. We have definitely considered going back soon to do some hiking and exploring. Can't mention enough how wonderful the staff was here, Andy at the front desk, Amanda in the restaurant and Beth the owner.......all super people. If you are in the area don't hesitate to stay here!

Room Tip: We were in the King Suite, that room was great. Didn't see any others, so can't advise but t...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank viglio
Reviewed February 11, 2013

All staff were friendly and helpful (especially Taco the dog). Miss Beth did a great job welcoming us to Maggie Valley and telling us all of the best places to go. Absolutely great value for your money. We were 3 22-yr-old girls on a roadtrip but it's perfect for families, couples and solo travelers as well.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Hannah v

Thank you for taking the time to review The Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center. We are so please you enjoyed your stay!! Happy travels!!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We have lived in Maggie Valley for over 17 years. The Maggie Valley Inn has hosted for us
Weddings, Parties, and Reunions. You will not find better service, nor folks that go out of their way to make sure your stay or event is just as you had hoped. Beth, Mike and Staff are the best and the food, music and atmosphere is the best in the Valley... We especially love the Tiki Bar in the Summer and Fall. You will not find a better place to stay or hold a special event than the Inn. So if you are unsure, give them a try I know that you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jblwml
elizabethrCharlotte, Owner at Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Thank you for your kind words. We love hearing from our guests and will certainly pass your compliments along to our employees!!! Again thank you and we certainly love our LOCALS!!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maggie Valley
#13 of 25 in Maggie Valley
Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas
Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas
#1 of 25 in Maggie Valley

Been to Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center? Share your experiences!