“I wouldn't stay”

Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Maggie Valley
A TripAdvisor Member
“I wouldn't stay”
Reviewed August 3, 2003

We booked the room about a month ahead of time online. We were with our 22 month old and were under the impression that we were getting a suite. When we arrived, we noticed that the exterior of the building looked a little run down. (not at all like the picture online)
I checked in while my wife and son stayed in the car. He was asleep so I went to check the room out. I was glad I did. The "suite" consisted of a slightly larger room with a pull out sofa in the corner. The room smell reminded me of an old dorm at a college. The queen bed was actually a "hide-a-bed" that retracted into the wall. The sofa bed had a bad tear on the back cushion. The bathroom counter had cigarette burn marks on it, even though we had a "non-smoking room". The tub had some damage in it, but had been laid over with some type of cover.
We left in search of somewhere else to stay. We found a great room, with everything we needed at the Ramada Limited. By the way it was about $30.00 per night cheaper. The clerk at the Ramada also told me that the Quality Inn had been closed and untouched all Winter and Spring. (I guess this accounted for the dorm smell.)
I suggest finding somewhere else to stay. There are better accomodations for less money in Maggie Valley. Feel free to e-mail me with questions.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maggie Valley
The Clarketon Motel
The Clarketon Motel
#11 of 25 in Maggie Valley
Lake Junaluska Conference and Retreat Center

Been to Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center

Property: Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center
Address: 70 Soco Rd, Maggie Valley, NC 28751-9719
Location: United States > North Carolina > North Carolina Mountains > Maggie Valley
#9 Romantic Hotel in Maggie Valley
Hotel Class:2 star — Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center 2*
The Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center is a full service hotel located at the entrance to Maggie Valley NC. With 98 rooms and ample parking we can meet all of your individual and group needs. Smoking and nonsmoking rooms are available along with fireplace and hot tub suites. Our award winning restaurant, The Rendezvous, offers a wide range of sandwiches and entrees and has a full ABC permit. During the summer months we have an outdoor pool for registered hotel guests only and tiki bar for your enjoyment. Live music is offered Thursday thru Saturday and Sunday. Maggie never had it so good!! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity and getaroom.com so you can book your Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Maggie Valley Hotel Maggie Valley