Ramada Maggie Valley
Best Western Mountainbrook Inn(Maggie Valley)(Great Value!)
$82
Comfort Inn(Maggie Valley)(Great Value!)
$81
ComfortInn
Four Seasons Inn(Maggie Valley)(Great Value!)
$74
Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas(Maggie Valley)(Great Value!)
$79
Twinbrook Resort(Maggie Valley)(Great Value!)
$169
Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center(Maggie Valley)(Great Value!)
$99
A Holiday Motel(Maggie Valley)(Great Value!)
$80
Five Star Inn(Maggie Valley)(Great Value!)
$66
River Point Lodge(Maggie Valley)(Great Value!)
$69
The Clarketon Motel(Maggie Valley)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront desksmall indoor poolroom was cleanwafflescreek sidecreekside roomexercise roomcontinental breakfastrocking chairs on the balconywould stay againmountain viewking roomnice staygreat place to staycerealbalconiessound
Reviewed April 12, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
ramadamaggie, General Manager at Ramada Maggie Valley, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and two grandchildren recently visited the Maggie Valley area for a couple of nights during spring break and stayed at the Ramada Limited.

I have stayed at this hotel maybe twice before and was always assigned a room on the first floor. Upon arrival, I was assigned a room on the second floor, which was unacceptable. With two smaller children and several pieces of luggage and my wife’s artificial knee, there was simply no way we could navigate two flights of stairs. Since I had never been on the second floor, I was totally unaware there were no elevators on this property.

Explaining my circumstances to the desk clerk, she immediately went to work on trying to move me. Since it was spring break, the hotel was quite full and basically there was only one room left. Even though the rate was higher than I initially was expecting with the original reservation, it was exactly what we needed and, I was more than happy to pay the difference with the effort she made to accommodate us. She even sliced a little of the regular rate, which I certainly was very grateful. She did so cheerfully and I was sincerely appreciative for her time and attention to the issue.

The room was clean and had a small balcony with Jonathan Creek running by. Heavy rains had fallen and the creek was more like a set of rapids. The ambient temperature was cold and the trees were well frosted and frozen about half up the mountains surrounding us. It was a beautiful sight and is exactly what I go to the mountains for. The sound of the rushing creek is always therapy to me and the wife.

We chose the Ramada Limited because it had an indoor pool for the grandkids. The pool is rather small to others we’ve used, but was sufficient for the grandkids, who had the pool to themselves most of the time. I had a couple of issues with this property and one of those is the pool. It seemed to be a little dirty on the bottom and by the second day, the chlorine was so strong, it began to burn my eyes….and I wasn’t even swimming. The kid’s eyes were burning as well so we decided to cut swim time short.

Another issue with the pool was the outdoor type carpet surrounding the pool. While I understand it was there to prevent slipping, etc, it was very hard plastic and the kids ended up with some “carpet burns” on the bottom of their toes from climbing in and out and walking around the pool.

We are also non-smokers and our room was non-smoking, but there was always a stench of cigarette smell in the hallways. I did notice the desk attendant’s smoked and they either stood or sat right outside the front door while they smoked….and the front door was always propped open. I guess the odor got into the ventilation system and circulated through the hotel.
The room was very clean and the creek out back was a bonus. I do wish hotels that have rooms on the creek pay more attention to the balcony furniture and rails and keep them clean. I have found that to be a common problem with these type hotels we've patronized, not just this one. We had to use a towel to wash and wipe the chairs and railing clean before use. Having said that, I will give the room attendants kudos for being very friendly and they always spoke when we passed in the hall.

The continental breakfast is exactly that and was minimal at best. The attendant was pulling double duty in the breakfast room and front desk, but was an extremely nice and cordial lady. It didn’t do much for keeping the area counters and tables clean, but I guess she was doing the best she could under the circumstances.

I probably wouldn’t stay here again with kids if swimming was part of the plans, but the cigarette smell and very average breakfast can be overlooked with the tremendous friendly and courteous customer service we received.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MountainMan1252

Dear DeputyChief1962,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to writing a review about our hotel. We take every response seriously and use this feedback to improve our hotel. We are always looking for ways to better our hotel. We are very sorry that initally you did not have a first floor room. Due to high occupancy, we cannot accommodate all requests. However, we are very glad our front desk personnel was able to accommodate your needs. We also apologize for the cigarette smoke. We have addressed that and all of our front desk are not smoking by the front door anymore. We hope you do come back and give us another chance to serve you!

Michael

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We were very happy with the size of our room and the location of the hotel. Staff was very nice and greeted us every time we came and went.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Keith B,

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! I will pass your comments to the staff here at Ramada. Thanks for staying and looking forward to serving you in the future.

Michael