“Don´t judge a book by its cover - nicer inside than out”

Ramada Maggie Valley
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Maggie Valley
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stayed for one night in this hotel and our first impression was not too good: as we drove up, we saw a small reception area and a TINY indoor pool overcrowded with children and their parents. But once we were given our room key, as we walked down the hallway we felt we were in a classier hotel. it seems they have remodeled it recently and it is really nice. Our room was wonderfully comfortable: beds were very nice and although our room faced the street, we found it very quiet. We woke up too late to enjoy breakfast but can recommend Joey´s Pancakes nearby. I would stay again in this hotel and recommend it for families and couples

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Ramada Maggie Valley

Reviewed August 8, 2012

We spent one night here and enjoyed everthing about the place. Booked a room on the water side and glad we did. Enjoyed cocktails in the evening, listening to the sound of the river that runs behind the property. All the staff we talked with were excellent and friendly. Breakfast in the morning was hardy and they had a good variety to offer. Ski Area is nearby so we may be back this winter.

Room Tip: Book a room on the 2nd floor water side.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bobber007
Reviewed July 28, 2012

The room I reserved wasn't cleaned (we came in on a Sunday so i guess Saturday's business took it longer to clean) yet when I checked in Denise personally found a room that filled my requests within moments so I wud not have to wait. After such a long drive my family and I really appreciated that. Also there is the FREE breakfast so we wud get our food then go back to our rooms so rest some more before starting our day. I have been here a week and wish I cud stay the summer!! Denise wud also give directions to shopping areas, good restaurants(even provided us with coupons), and other local attractions. I wud recommend staying here to everyone I know.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Jenjin1000
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at this motel 3 years running during July 4th Holiday. This current stay July 4th thru 6th 2012 was by far the worst.

Day One: Room was not ready at check-in time. When we checked in.......only one lamp out of three was working. Front desk was notified and they replaced one lamp and put a bulb in the other one.
Day Two: Awoke and went to the deluxe continental breakfast which was a key factor in booking here again. Waffle maker was broke and not operating. No milk out for cereal and this was fairly early. Went out for breakfast and did some shopping, etc. When we got back later in the p.m., our room was still dirty, bed unmade, trash not emptied. Had to empty our own trash, make up the bed, take dirty towels down and get clean ones.
Day Three: Unremarkable, other than waffle maker didn't work and we had to find the front desk clerk to get some milk for our Cheerios. Also, one side of the toaster didn't work so we couldn't get in on the toast.
Day Four: Check-out day. Didn't even bother to visit breakfast bar. No point..

Past experience has been fairly good but not this time. When you paid hard dollars for lodging, you expect something.........and their prices are just a high as others. We say....approach with caution.........I'll try to find somewhere different next time. Hey, I can stay at the beach and get great service at these prices.

Room Tip: Shop Around....Motel has 2 floors..no elevator..Creekside rooms are darker but more relaxing.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Staff was very helpful and courteous, only had internet half the time. Came back one day room was never cleaned but staff said it a miscommuication with cleaning staff night manager took the time to help us get it somewhat back to normal. Overall room was clean and staff very helpful would probably stay there again. If available get creekside room very relaxing.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chaz W
Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful regarding local attractions and eating places. We were only here one night as we traveled through but wish we had more time. Really enjoyed sitting on the balcony with the first cup of coffee listening and watching the water run in the creek.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 13, 2012

My family and I just returned from a 3 night stay at the Ramada. When we first pulled into the parking lot, the first thing I noticed was that the indoor pool is very small! It didn't matter to my children but to others it might. We checked into our room (215) and learned that there was no elevator! Not great for someone with bad knees. But we lived with it! When we were getting ready for bed, we learned that the couch was no longer a pull out couch. It is big enough to sleep a young child but there was NO WAY I would let my child sleep there! A cloud of powder came off of it when one of my children smacked it! GROSS!!! After going to the front desk and complaining, we were told that they would get a roll away bed for us the next night! The woman at the front desk did go and find us the only one they seemed to have but we had to carry it up the stairs to get it to our room ourselves! I then went to get into my bed and found a long hair on my pillow! NASTY!! If it hadn't been almost 11 pm, we would have packed up and requested our money back! The manager was there the next day but never spoke to us about the problems or offered anything else! At $115 a night, I expected much more!!!!

Room Tip: Has no elevator, small pool and small parking lot.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Four Seasons Inn
#13 of 25 in Maggie Valley
Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center
Lake Junaluska Conference and Retreat Center

Been to Ramada Maggie Valley? Share your experiences!