“Nice and Clean”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I rented 2 rooms on June 11, 2014. The rooms were very clean, which is important to me. The rental price was reasonable. Each had a large, flat screen TV, small fridge and microwave, coffee maker and an alarm clock. Everything worked fine in my room, however in my daughter's room the toilet didn't flush right and the bathtub had a bad leak...not dripping, but actually running. There was also a big hole in her bathroom wall from the door knob because there was no door stop. But her room was also very clean. We requested smokeless rooms, which we got, but the hallway reeked of cigarette smoke. We found a dead roach in the hallway right outside my daughter's room. But I don't think the motel has a problem as it was the only one we saw and it was dead. I know sometimes they come in under the door. The pool was not working, and that was one of the reasons we chose this motel because we were traveling with 5 children who were looking forward to a swim after a full day of traveling. Breakfast was mostly all carbs...waffles, mini muffins, mini donuts, whole wheat and white bread for toast, English muffins, coffee, tea, juice, butter, jelly and syrup. But for the price of the room, it was more than I expected. The desk attendants were very friendly. This motel is located right off 95 so it is easy to get to and there are many eating places all around it. All in all, it was a good value for the money and it really was clean, which I stated above is important to me. I would stay here again but not if traveling with children because of the broken pool.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
VFDUSA, Owner at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Thank your for the comments about the hotel. I have given your comments to the owner to take care of. The A/C has been fixed so future guest won't have the same problem.

I hope that you will give us another chance on your next trip through Lumberton.

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Had low expectations... But was pleasantly surprised by the courteous staff and definately can't beat the price! Robert at the desk was very pleasant and the room was spacious and well appointed. I just needed a place to lay down and found a great home albeit for a night on a 1200 mile road trip!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
VFDUSA, Owner at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Thank you so much for the great review. It is our goal to satisfy our guest. When traveling this way again, please come see us. We will be more than happy to accommodate you.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Stayed at this Econo Lodge almost a year to the day ago. Sometimes accommodations can change, and not for the better, in a year. Was pleased to have another excellent stay. Front desk staff was very pleasant and welcoming. Room was clean and had everything we could have wanted. Thank you again for a good room at a good price, at a very convenient location!

Room Tip: ground floor is always convenient with pets to consider
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
VFDUSA, Owner at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Thank you so much for the great review. It is always a pleasure to accommodate such nice guest. We will look forward to seeing you again next year. If there is anything we can do for you before that just let us know.

Again, thank you for your business.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

The rooms are well worth the weekly rate, the bar area needs to get a bartender with a personality, lumbertion is not Las Vegas, Atlanta or New York City, don't treat paying customers that actually pay to stay at the hotel like crap because you have your local Saturday night crowd come in after 9 pm. The place is a joke.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Troy K
VFDUSA, Owner at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

I was sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with the bar here at the hotel. Unfortunately, it is a separate business from the hotel. I have talk to the owner about this issue and he is doing everything he can to find out what happened and rectify the situation. I am glad that it has not changed your mind about staying at the hotel.
Thank you for your comment informing us about the problem and again I apologize on behalf of the hotel.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

If not for the ultra friendly and super helpful desk staff, I wouldn't have anything good to say. I'm always leery about Econo Lodge; they're either hit or miss. This one is a miss! It looks pretty decent from the outside, but the room smelled of smoke from months maybe years gone by. It didn't reek, but it was in the fibers within the room. When my son walked in he said, "I guess I'll be sleeping in the car tonight!" It was bad. When I requested a different room, perhaps one that had been renovated, the person at the front desk said a few had been renovated, but none were available. She also said the renovation had been slow going, but moving along nonetheless. I'm not sure which hotel to which some of the reviews here are referring. I know good and excellent varies from person to person, but this is DEFINITELY NOT a hotel I'd consider staying in in its current condition. We went to Comfort Suites 2.4 miles away, which had previously been booked. Thank God their availability changed.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jQueen99
VFDUSA, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

I am so sorry that the staff couldn't find any non smoking rooms that were newly renovated. We're still working on our renovation process, perhaps in the future we may be able to be in your HIt list. Please, except our sincere apology.

Sincerly,

Harry B. Jhala

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I have been staying here off and on for two years. We use this hotel when working out of town. I have seen a very positive transformation in this place from when we first started staying here in November of 2011. Harry and his staff have definitely went the extra mile to ensure the place is kepy up and safe.

Room Tip: back rooms are more secluded
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
VFDUSA, Owner at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Hey Garry, Thanks for the uplifting words. I told you, give me 2-3 years and I'll turn this place around. I am going to give my best taking care of this hotel. I want to personally say Thanks to you and your staff for staying with us.

Harry

Reviewed October 20, 2013

What wonderful service I received from Harry at the front desk. Cause of his kind service and what he did to make my stay wonderful I will defiantly stay again. Fair prices and nice room! I stayed for two nights and ended up having to stay a extra two night and they met all my need and the Italian restaurant had the best veal parmesan I have every tasted.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
VFDUSA, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Mrs. Kim,
I am glad your stay was enjoyable with us. Next time, when you're in town please, let us know and we will take care of you.

Thank You.