$90
$89
$53
$45
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $50/night.

$76
All reviewsroom was cleanhot wafflesgreat place to staypleasant staydefinitely stay here againeasy accessroad tripmoteldeskpetcoupondoginterstateexitbrand
Reviewed September 9, 2010

Was looking for a $29.95 special. HJ was $49+. I was tired from driving lal day and took the room. The bed was Great and the next morning, the cleark, Tammy was wonderfule helping me with the waffle iron and coffee. I was very Happy

Dennis DeMartin
dend3114@Yahoo.com

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 31, 2010

I would stay here again and again. The price was just right for a beautiful,comfy, clean room and just as good as the higher priced brands. Susan, Tammy are the main assets to this property, along with the very helpful housekeeping staff and the property manager, who keeps up the rooms and grounds, so well. BRAND NEW PILLOW-TOP MATTRESSES!!! To Die For!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 18, 2010

horrible stay here. no sleep at all - waste of $66. we stopped on our way from fl home to nj. we had stayed @ a hojo in rocky mount on our way down - and hoped this would be comparable. sadly - it was not. staff was friendly - but ultimately unhelpful. we were placed in a smoke filled room - when I asked to change - we were placed in a room w/another odor - that filled w/smoke at some point during the night. I get migraines w/smoke - and told Tiffany the clerk this. apparently - that did not matter. you only have 15 min to change rooms. unfortunately - the new room filled w/smoke sometime in the night. we would have done better driving straight to nj - no sleep either way - but no mirgraine!! we were harassed by a fake deaf man for money as soon as we arrived (my husband and I seperately!). very scary. didn't feel safe at all. the hojo staff is even aware of this and said nothing!! they said he keeps coming back and is definitely not deaf. kept feeling that our room would be broken into - or my new car stolen. I voiced my concerns upon checkout and was told sorry - there's nothing they can do. call the owner! insane. worst. stay. ever. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!

1  Thank tigerliz21
Reviewed January 29, 2010

I would recommend staying at Howard Johnson in Lumberton. The room was very well kept. Breakfast was great and the price was right. I was taking care of business for a family member and when I needed an extra night stay, It was handled quickly. I go to Lumberton often and Howard Johnson will be my choice to stay.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2010

We arrived at this motel at 6:00 p.m. after driving all day. When we entered the room, it was freezing cold. I turned on the heat and checked to make sure some heat was being generated, then we went to get dinner. When we came back the room was still cold. I called the desk and asked to be moved. I was told that all the rooms were the same, no heat. Then she said to turn off the heat for a few minutes then turn it back on. I tried this and there was some more heat. I also asked why the room had no heat turned on since I had reserved the room two weeks before. I was told the manager would not turn on any heat because of the no shows and cancellations. I had to sleep in my heavy clothes until about 3 in the morning when the room finally began to warm up. Also the bathroom had rust on most of the chrome because there was no vent fan and moisture dripped from everything after a shower.
The breakfast area is so small that there is no place to sit after about 6 people come in. The selection was slim. The desk clerk seemed to be the only person to handle the desk and the breakfast. If you wanted to take food back to the room, you had to go outside in the cold and up a cold staircase and hall.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business