All reviewsroom was cleanhot wafflesgreat place to staypleasant staydefinitely stay here againeasy accessmoteldeskpetdogexithighwaybrand
Reviewed January 29, 2010

I would recommend staying at Howard Johnson in Lumberton. The room was very well kept. Breakfast was great and the price was right. I was taking care of business for a family member and when I needed an extra night stay, It was handled quickly. I go to Lumberton often and Howard Johnson will be my choice to stay.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2010

We arrived at this motel at 6:00 p.m. after driving all day. When we entered the room, it was freezing cold. I turned on the heat and checked to make sure some heat was being generated, then we went to get dinner. When we came back the room was still cold. I called the desk and asked to be moved. I was told that all the rooms were the same, no heat. Then she said to turn off the heat for a few minutes then turn it back on. I tried this and there was some more heat. I also asked why the room had no heat turned on since I had reserved the room two weeks before. I was told the manager would not turn on any heat because of the no shows and cancellations. I had to sleep in my heavy clothes until about 3 in the morning when the room finally began to warm up. Also the bathroom had rust on most of the chrome because there was no vent fan and moisture dripped from everything after a shower.
The breakfast area is so small that there is no place to sit after about 6 people come in. The selection was slim. The desk clerk seemed to be the only person to handle the desk and the breakfast. If you wanted to take food back to the room, you had to go outside in the cold and up a cold staircase and hall.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 5, 2009

Rooms Very Clean and roomy the best for the money. The staff are great.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2009

Its not the place that I would consider if I was traveling with my wife, but I will definetley stay there again when traveling to the area. Clean room, no frills, friendly staff. For the price, tough to beat.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 22, 2009

We stayed at the hotel after a long 10 hour drive midway through our trip from NY to Florida with small children . I found the hotel online and needed a hotel that wasn't expensive. Although I was skeptical at first about the low rates I was pleasantly surprised to find that the hotel had friendly staff and was clean and comfortable. The staff went out of their way to help us with our requests. We would definitely stay at this hotel again when we make this trip next year.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family