“Nice room/ great for a stopover”

Red Roof Inn Lumberton
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton
carlisle, Pa
“Nice room/ great for a stopover”
Reviewed September 20, 2009

Nice place to stopover on our way south. Room was clean, Internet was very good. We had a king bed which was very comfortable. There was also a recliner in the room that made my husband feel right at home. If you are on the ground floor, you also have a sliding glass door at your room that we parked our car in front of that made loading and unloading a lot easier.The staff was very nice. They had a small breakfast in the morning. You could even make toast or waffles for your choosing. Within just a few miles to some really good restraunts. It is just right off I-95, but was a restfull night. Priced at about $60.00. Would stay again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
NY
Reviewed August 15, 2009

Pros: this hotel was cheap and easy to find off of I95. Cons: just about everything else. The neighborhood is scary, we knew we were in trouble with the reservation when we had to check in through a blocked window. Our family was travelling from NY to FL for vacation and needed a halfway stopover. We chose this one based on it's third place popularity ranking on this site. The room was not very clean and had an odd odor. My young teenaged kids were afraid of the location. Breakfast bar was terrible. HoJo's has always been a nice place to stay, but NOT THIS ONE!!!! Stay elsewhere. We'll be trying the Comfort Inn for the return trip.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Lumberton hotels

Hurlock, MD
Reviewed May 20, 2009

We were traveling from Florida back to Maryland and looked this hotel up on our navigation system. We did not want to spend a lot of money but wanted some place clean. We got exactly what we wanted and more! We checked in late and our first look at the hotel inside was the hallway leading to our room. It was CLEAN and smelled CLEAN! Our room was CLEAN and well stocked and more that just average comfortable. It was extremely comfortable! We had a sliding glass door that led out to the pool and it was also CLEAN and VERY NEAT! The next morning when I went to check out I got a look at the lobby and was surprised had how clean and neat it was. The staff that we encountered were all very nice and very helpful. We will definatly stop there again on our way back and forth to Flordia. I have already recommened this hotel to a friend who is going to Florida next week. She has already called and reserved her room!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Jersey Shore
Reviewed April 27, 2009

The Howard Johnson was one of the worst places I have ever stayed. Stay away from Lumberton, NC. in general. This is a poverty stricken area and is not safe. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a secret camera filming my family in our room. It was so creepy. We only stayed one night just to break up the long drive back to NJ, thank goodness. I would expect a dump if I had paid next to nothing, but that was not the case here. $76.00 a night is way to much for a dump like this, besides the fact that you cannot put a price on your safety. Breakfast was disgusting, too. Pool wasn't open yet. Photos are not true to life!!! Do not be fooled!!! YUK

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank lodee73
Mount Airy, North Carolina
Reviewed April 23, 2009

My first time at this hotel. Desk clerk was freindly and the room was clean. Did need some minor maintenance but nothing really worth complaining about. Ice machine worked, room including the bathroom was clean. The room even had a big king size bed. Also had a free breakfast consisting of cereals, toast, pastries, muffins and a waffle iron. Not bad for under 50 dollars. I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
florida
Reviewed March 23, 2009

I have stayed at Howard Johnson 2 times a year for the past 6 years, To my family and I there is no other place to get the service we get at the Howard Johnson, we Have tried a couple more Motels in the area and they just don't compare. On Saturday evening when I checked in like always the desk clerk was very friendly and very talkative, which to me shows good customer service, she also made sure we knew exactly where our room was and then we started talking about restaurants in the area, she recommended the Village Station and the food was great. The room was very clean and smelled nice also, no harsh chemical smells, the Lobby also smelled fresh and was very clean. I know there are newer motels in the area but Howard Johnson is a very nice, clean, and comfortable place and the outside is neat and clean, it just makes you want to stay in a place like this, I would like to thank the desk clerk, and housekeepers and all who has made this motel our number 1.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mmasterson9
Harleysville, PA
Reviewed January 7, 2009

I had a great experience at this Howard Johnson Express Inn. The hotel was very clean and the maintenance on this place seemed to have been kept up. I would recommend this hotel to families and couples who want to get a good night sleep in a very well maintained facility. The staff was very friendly and courteous. Thank you!

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family