“WOW-So clean!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton
Hurlock, MD
“WOW-So clean!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2009

We were traveling from Florida back to Maryland and looked this hotel up on our navigation system. We did not want to spend a lot of money but wanted some place clean. We got exactly what we wanted and more! We checked in late and our first look at the hotel inside was the hallway leading to our room. It was CLEAN and smelled CLEAN! Our room was CLEAN and well stocked and more that just average comfortable. It was extremely comfortable! We had a sliding glass door that led out to the pool and it was also CLEAN and VERY NEAT! The next morning when I went to check out I got a look at the lobby and was surprised had how clean and neat it was. The staff that we encountered were all very nice and very helpful. We will definatly stop there again on our way back and forth to Flordia. I have already recommened this hotel to a friend who is going to Florida next week. She has already called and reserved her room!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Jersey Shore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2009

The Howard Johnson was one of the worst places I have ever stayed. Stay away from Lumberton, NC. in general. This is a poverty stricken area and is not safe. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a secret camera filming my family in our room. It was so creepy. We only stayed one night just to break up the long drive back to NJ, thank goodness. I would expect a dump if I had paid next to nothing, but that was not the case here. $76.00 a night is way to much for a dump like this, besides the fact that you cannot put a price on your safety. Breakfast was disgusting, too. Pool wasn't open yet. Photos are not true to life!!! Do not be fooled!!! YUK

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank lodee73

Travelers are raving about these Lumberton hotels

Mount Airy, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2009

My first time at this hotel. Desk clerk was freindly and the room was clean. Did need some minor maintenance but nothing really worth complaining about. Ice machine worked, room including the bathroom was clean. The room even had a big king size bed. Also had a free breakfast consisting of cereals, toast, pastries, muffins and a waffle iron. Not bad for under 50 dollars. I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2009

I have stayed at Howard Johnson 2 times a year for the past 6 years, To my family and I there is no other place to get the service we get at the Howard Johnson, we Have tried a couple more Motels in the area and they just don't compare. On Saturday evening when I checked in like always the desk clerk was very friendly and very talkative, which to me shows good customer service, she also made sure we knew exactly where our room was and then we started talking about restaurants in the area, she recommended the Village Station and the food was great. The room was very clean and smelled nice also, no harsh chemical smells, the Lobby also smelled fresh and was very clean. I know there are newer motels in the area but Howard Johnson is a very nice, clean, and comfortable place and the outside is neat and clean, it just makes you want to stay in a place like this, I would like to thank the desk clerk, and housekeepers and all who has made this motel our number 1.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mmasterson9
Harleysville, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2009

I had a great experience at this Howard Johnson Express Inn. The hotel was very clean and the maintenance on this place seemed to have been kept up. I would recommend this hotel to families and couples who want to get a good night sleep in a very well maintained facility. The staff was very friendly and courteous. Thank you!

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
Freehold, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2009

We had room 101. It was an interior room and we still could hear the traffic from I 95. It is the closest hotel to the interstate. The room was very clean...but had a really funky smell. Mattresses were very comfortable. The woman that checked us in was very friendly. The breakfast was a joke....coffee empty....2 bagels and 2 apples left....at 8am! It is next to a hotel that is closed...and the parking area was very dark on that side of the hotel. Since I had a packed car I made a point to park in front where there were lights. Not sure if I'd stay here again since there are so many other choices in that town.

• Liked — The firm mattress.
  • Disliked — The poorly stocked breakfast and hearing the traffic from I95
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2008

This is by far the cleanest, most odor free place I've stayed at!! They are responsible, and understand that you need to provide service for customers to return.

• Liked — They keep the rooms clean.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)