$90
Fairfield Inn Lumberton(Lumberton)
$89
Travelocity
$76
All reviewsroom was cleanhot wafflesgreat place to staypleasant staydefinitely stay here againeasy accessroad tripmoteldeskpetcoupondoginterstateexitbrand
Reviewed December 8, 2008

We were a late "walk in" and were very pleased. The accomodations were nice and for a reasonable price. The bed was the most comfortable we had on our trip down to FL and back. The king room was smallish but clean with a fridge and micro and the bath was nice. The restaurant was not open but a continental breakfast was available. The breakfast was OK with cereal, pastries and hot waffles.
The Inn was clean and the management very pleasant.
We did not stay long enough to really give the Inn a proper write-up but we will be back on our next trip south! Might have to stay an extra night or two and play some golf.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jaykk11
Reviewed November 27, 2008

The people are are nice, BUT this is definitely not what I expected after reading other reviews on Trip Advisor. Although the room smells nice, it is dark and dingy; even the towels in the bathroom are dingy., and the comforter is obviously grungy. I should have used Priceline's 1-star rating versus trusting the opinions of other guests that stayed here.

I just cannot believe all of the nice comments some of the other travelers left. I am extremely disappointed. Fortunately, this will only be a one-night stay. I just hope nothing gets stolen out of my car. Signs outside the building say that the hotel is not responsible for any valuables taken from your vehicle. Isn't that just wonderful?

• Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed October 24, 2008

I have stayed in this area while traveling the Interstate-95 corridor over the past 10 years. Having stayed at 5 different motel brands without receiving the value/price I would have expected, I stayed at this HO JO during my last trip and was very pleased. The room was very clean,the bed was comfortable. The room appeared to be freshly painted and was as advertised, fridge, microwave,iron, ironing board, air conditioned (without being noisy). The building itself while being older was kept up very well, nicely painted / well kept landscaping. It was also nice to save between $20.00 and $40.00 off the other name brands. Will definitely stay here next trip.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wheatspoppop
Reviewed September 8, 2008

I stayed at the Howard Johnson In Lumberton on September 5th 2008, or should I say I registered there at about 6:30pm coming from the hospital in Lumberton where my father had been in for over a week, My mother and I needed a place to take a shower and catch a few hours of sleep before returning to the hospital, When I checked In the Desk Clerk on duty was a nice lady by the name of Susan, That night was a very wet and windy night because of a storm, she was very friendly and we struck up a conversation and I told her I was there because of my father that I lived in St. Pauls about 30 minutes from the motel, my father was told he had cancer a week earlier and she told me how sorry she was to here about him and wish me and my family the best. We had been at the motel long enough to take a shower and to sit down a few minutes when we got the call my father had passed away. When I came down stairs to turn the key in, I told Susan what had happen and she was just so friendly and polite and very concerned. I guess I decided to write this because I want everyone to know if they need a home away from home go to Howard Johnson and you have it. I didn't meet any of the other staff but if they are anything like Susan the manager has a very professional staff. It is just unlikely to find nice friendly people who deal with the public, but she had a smile on her face and concern in her eyes, it was real, she was real and I will be back just like I told her I would I just hope on better terms the next time.

Stayed: September 2008
1  Thank jammer28383
Reviewed September 4, 2008

Very helpful desk clerks, accomodating staff, neat and clean, fairly quiet and reasonably priced. Would highly recommend this for the budge traveler. Very centrally located, close to shopping malls and restaurants. Management very professional.

Linda Cass