“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

On one of our travels we were stopping for the night in Lumberton, N.C. and wanted a room with queen size beds. We always pick up a hotel travel book to check for coupons. Called several and they didn't offer queen beds. The ad for Howard Johnson offered queens. I called and talked to a nice clerk called Vernon who told me we had just passed the exit. I called right back and told him we were turning around and would take the room. He said to drive carefully and he would have us covered for the night. When we got there the room was ours. It was a beautiful room with 2 queen size beds, safe, hair dryer, TV, internet, beautiful pool,couch, and so much more. The price was great. They served a continental breakfast with hot waffles and juice, coffee, fruit ect. The pillows were so big and fluffy not like some that shrink when you put your head on them. The beds were so comfortable that we all had a great sleep. I would recommend anyone staying there and I don't think you will be sorry.

Room Tip: Always call ahead and make sure they have everything you want for the price you want to pay.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank priscilla w

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

My family of 4 (2 adults & 2 small children) stopped here on our roadtrip.
Lobby: Very small area for breakfast located in the lobby; just a couple of small tables -smelled like smoke therefore we didn't eat the complimentary breakfast. Gentleman who checked us in was very nice and polite.
Non smoking room with 2 queen beds: Although there was an obvious musty odor when we first walked in, once the AC ran for a little while it seemed to subside. The furnishings and decor were clearly dated and in need of upgrades but the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Bathroom was small but functional.
Overall it was fine for our needs but I wouldn't stay there for more than a quick overnight.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Kelly H
Florissant, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I was coming from Florida I stop at the nearest hotel.The room had an order in it. Front desk clerk had attitude.I will never spend my money at HowardJohnson.The air conditioner does not work.The stay was horrible experience.I check out early did not stay in room all night because room was to muggy. Beforr stay there need to be think twice.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Lumberton hotels

Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Average size rooms, and the bed was OK. Room was clean. INternet worked. The sliding glass doors definitely need upgrading (for those rooms that have them). I was lucky to have a quiet night that night. My room was not facing I95, so you couldn't hear the traffic.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
ElPaso
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

The outside looks nice but the hallways look scary. Their was a woman yelling at us from a balcony as we parked. In the hallway their was a man with his rear end hanging out getting ice and the same woman came down from the balcony to ask us what we do for a living. (?) The hall smelled strongly of marijuana and the door to my room was open when I got there. The room itself was surprisingly clean and nice with an updated tv and a very comfortable bed. The curved shower curtain rod wasn't properly installed so it doesn't provide any extra room. It's too far into the shower. (Have one at my house, love it) Breakfast was very basic (waffles and cereal). The front desk guy was cynical but friendly enough. With some basic renovations and security this place could be pretty nice.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business