All reviews room was clean hot waffles great place to stay pleasant stay definitely stay here again complimentary breakfast easy access motel desk pet dog exit highway
Reviewed December 26, 2011

SIwas here for christmas. Susan (deskclerk) was attentive to all my needs and made sure I was well taken care of. She made my experience here enjoyable. The owner took time to check on me to make I had what I needed. This is the third time I have stayed here. I will continue to stay here.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Ok...for $62.00 for the night, it was acceptable....but that's it. I would have liked it to be cleaner. The bed/sheets were clean. The bathroom on the other hand...really gross. The floor was greasy and smelled like dirty dish water. The wall next to the toilet was gross, splattered with....hhhmmm, not sure....but the color gave me an idea! The bathroom door frame....gross. I don't understand how the person cleaning that room after guests cannot see that nastiness and wipe it down. If you need super clean, this is not your place. I didn't even try the free breakfast as it did not look good and inviting...we just went go McDonalds. The lobby was stinky too. The girl who checked us in at night was very nice, however. It baffles me how it is such a difficult task to find a clean, no-frills hotel for a decent price!!

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We stopped at this hotel on the way home from our trip to Myrtle Beach and it was late. The building door was locked but the lady at the counter let us in. She was extremely helpful and even let us look at the room prior to agreeing to staying there as I was not sure about the area in general. Room was very clean, air conditioning was on and room was very cool. The halls were very hot and I think the owner does not put the air conditioning on in the hallways which is ridiculous because it is so hot out. I did not try the breakfast because we had to leave. I would stay there again if i needed to in a pinch. Great price for the money and conventiently located off 95.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We were driving to fl from Virginia and needed a decent place to crash for one night. When we got there the lobby doors were closed and we had to check in from outside like a mcdonalds drive thru. Thankfully when the front desk woman saw me thru the glass she opened the lobby door because I guess I looked to be no harm. Anyway, the lobby smelled urine and when we went to park in front of the hotel, you can't even get in! You have to go through the side of the hotel to walk thru a hot hallway(because the ac wasn't turned on for the hallway) and when you get to the room you get the feeling that they might have cleaned the sheets but not the mattress if you know what I mean. In the room there is a glass sliding door that is(tada!)can be used when you are leaving because in front is the parking lot. Don't be fooled like us from the cheap price and the customer reviews. I ended up sleeping on a chair in the room and felt unsafe.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Booked this hotel through Wyndham Rewards program; would have canceled but we got there too late to not be charged. We typically stop in Lumberton on our trip from FL to PA and back to FL. Would never stay at this Howard Johnson again, would never recommend to anyone with even the lowest of standards. There was a terrible odor in the lobby, which should have been my first clue. When we got inside, the halls were hot, muggy and very smelly - no a/c in the hallways and there is minimal lighting. The steps to the 2nd floor smelled of stale cigarettes, there were dead bugs (roaches) and the stairwells were filthy. Got to the room to find the a/c hadn't been turned on, it took several hours to get the temperature to a comfortable level. The bedspreads had visible stains and we removed them immediately. The furnishings were on the older side, but were otherwise fine. The bathroom had a sticky floor and there was a spider in the tub. The TV worked, the clock radio ran hours fast even after setting it to the correct time. Free 'breakfast' is included - mini donuts, mini muffins, cereal, juice, coffee and make-your-own waffles. However, only 2 small tables available, so we took our muffins and donuts to go. If I knew I would be able to upload pictures, I would have taken them.

Room Tip: Don't take a room at this hotel - go elsewhere!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family