$90
$104
$53
$45
$76
All reviewsroom was cleanhot wafflesgreat place to staypleasant staydefinitely stay here againeasy accessroad tripmoteldeskpetcoupondoginterstateexitbrand
Reviewed February 23, 2011

I'm usually pretty hard to please with hotels and if there is a problem I will find it. This hotel more than exceeded my expectations. First of all, they have completely remodeled everything. The rooms are beautiful, the room looks closer to the marriot room that we stayed at in FL than a side of the road motel. They even had a recliner chair like you would have in your living room!! I have never seen that before. I appreciated the fact that the comforters weren't the typical floral print ugly hotel comforters. They had a microwave, large refrigerator, ironing board and iron, granite counters in the bathroom, a high quality leather computer chair, huge bed which was actually a king size bed- most hotel "king size beds" are the size of a typical queen bed. The woman at the desk was more than nice. If you are on the first floor you will have a huge glass sliding door that covers the wall so you can just bring things directly from your car to your room. The motel does have interior hallways. Upstairs the rooms have vaulted ceilings and outside balconies that you can actually use. The upstairs rooms have a great vibe, like a swiss tavern with the wooden beams.

I am taking a card so I can remember the location of this place.

When you first see it, you have to pay through a bullet proof glass window which makes this place seem seedy even though its not at all. Also, the lobby hasn't been redone so you can't judge the rooms with your first impression at check-in.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JMalmsteen
Reviewed February 20, 2011

Room was clean and that is the most important thing to me! Beds were very comfortable and room was nicely maintained. Susan at the front desk was wonderful!! I will stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2011

Comfortable New Beds, Clean& Plenty of Lighting inside and out. A HOJO for under $50 per night, great pit stop for travel on I-95. All you could want for 50 bucks! A wonderful restaurant steps from Lobby, "TUSCAN GARDEN ITALIAN RESTAURANT, is inexpensive($), homemade dishes and fresh- daily hand tossed pizza.
Even if you don't sleep at this HOJO the restaurant is well worth a visit. Cozy atmosphere, delicious aroma, mouth watering food and EASY on the pocket! A real treat! A change from the fast foods and cracker barrels! Will definitely stay and eat here again!
BM, Jax, FL

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 15, 2010

I was not expecting much from a Howard Johnson just off 95 - especially one costing less than $50/night. HOWEVER - I do expect clean towels. Finding a small black hair on a "clean" towel at 1AM is just disgusting and something I can't over look. (There was a similar hair in the shower.) I can forgive a lot, especially in this price range, but I always expect clean towels and sheets.

Otherwise, again considering the price, the hotel was fine. Pretty old and worn down, but right off 95 and, if not for the mysterious hairs, I would have said it was relatively clean. If you're traveling down 95 and need a place to stay for the night I would look for hotels in Florence, SC instead. (We stopped in Florence for breakfast because Lumberton doesn't even have a Dunkin' Donuts!).

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2010

Was looking for a $29.95 special. HJ was $49+. I was tired from driving lal day and took the room. The bed was Great and the next morning, the cleark, Tammy was wonderfule helping me with the waffle iron and coffee. I was very Happy

Dennis DeMartin