“Come in Hungry, Leave Stuffed!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fuller's Old Fashion BBQ - CLOSED

Fuller's Old Fashion BBQ
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Yorktown, VA
“Come in Hungry, Leave Stuffed!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

We stopped in in May 2014 on the way to Disney World. I had stopped there back about 15 or so years ago and remembered how different it was to have a BBQ Buffet. My family was impressed on how many selections were available including Desserts & Ice Cream. Great Southeastern Style Food and service. Take the I-95 exit at Lumberton NC, the restaruant is just off the south I-95 off ramp, very pleased...

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Hoodaddy

“Value and a good meal!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Pleasant surprise. I was trying to find a place right off 95 for some Eastern NC style BBQ and was running short of quick decent options when I saw there sign. My wife Yelped it, and it got decent reviews. Good sized local place with a buffet ( most foodies would shudder at the word) of REAL Southern cooking and Eastern NC BBQ. Folks, I have lived around the world, but several of my years were spent in the South. Fuller's cooks the real deal traditional Southern comfort food. The fried chicken was very good. The veggies, greens and assorted beans were excellent. The pulled pork with the Eastern NC style BBQ sauce was worth the stop. The place was full of locals and a smattering of travelers.
If you're on the road at lunchtime near Lumberton, make it your go to stop. Oh, and it was CHEAP. Under $9 a person with a drink. Value and good? You can't beat it.

Virginia
“Comfort food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

This is a good place to go if you want good southern comfort food. We were traveling home to Virginia when we stopped to have a quick dinner. The food was good hearty southern comfort food. The buffet has lots of items to choose from so none should leave hungry,. If there is any of that multi layer cake with chocolate icing, grab a piece. It is truly homemade and some of the best I have ever eaten.

• Visited July 2014
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Southern food experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

This is a huge southern food buffet. We have eaten here multiple times and never seen a menu. If you are a vegetarian, don't bother. All the lucious veggies are seasoned with meat. Hubby bit into a biscuit, looked up in suprise, and said, "I haven't eaten a biscuit made with lard for 40 years." Being a city girl, I didn't recognize a lot of the food -- both veggie and meat. Apparently, they cook and consume parts of the hog that are not mentionable in polite company. And don't expect fancy decor. It is Lumbee Indian of long past. But do try their flat fried cornbread (johnnie cake). It is a true Southern Food Experience.

• Visited June 2014
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Carter Family Fuller Fans”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

My family and I really enjoyed the food. It was my husbands first time going there and he totally enjoyed the butter beans. I personally enjoyed the fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and the cabbage. The fried fish was good also. The pricing for adults was okay but for kids who don't eat a lot it was a little much but none the less I would go again.

• Visited June 2014