“Real North Carolina Home Cooking”
Review of Fuller's Old Fashion BBQ - CLOSED

Fuller's Old Fashion BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We were staying just down the street while traveling South and noticed all the cars in the parking lot (always a good sign) My 88 year old Mother grew up in NC and we thought we'd give the place a try. The fried chicken was some of the best I've ever eaten (next to my Mom's of course!) The pulled pork was yummy, the collards, cabbage, sweet potatoes, mac&cheese, steamed oysters all delicious! I've had better hush puppies and the desserts weren't nearly as good as my Mother's (but I really didn't have any room for dessert anyway!) Would eat here again in a heart beat!

There are newer reviews for Fuller's Old Fashion BBQ

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Just had lunch hours ago. A country style buffet with a copious amount of unmarked food. Southern "delicacies" we past on like the Chitlins, fried gizzards and fried chicken livers but the actual fried chicken pieces were fresh, light, moist and delicious. Try the corn bread stuffing and hush puppies. Avoid the corn on the cob, think paint roller soaked in a pan for a week. As a matter of fact avoid anything green, so completely over cooked you could have been eating yard clippings. That said it is a true southern experience, inexpensive, had lunch at something like $8.00 a person, regional cuisine, tons of choices, efficient service and convenient location. I can't believe I am going to say this considering I am in a food coma, but I will go back. Insider secret, ask for some grilled shrimp, not on display but part of the meal price.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Traveling north on I-95, I was looking for a decent, inexpensive restaurant. Fuller's is obviously popular with the locals. The buffet was HUGE, but the food was only so-so. Almost everything was fried. I'll keep looking for a restaurant to replace Jimmy's Seafood in Lumberton--the best oysters I've ever eaten, but unfortunately the owner decided to retire and close his restaurant.

1  Thank Dinah428
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

I stopped here December 18, 2012 for lunch. This place has eastern North Carolina BBQ, but it really more of a country buffet. Fried chicken with all the fixings and good banana pudding. The locals come for lunch, people are friendly and they keep your glass full. Its average because, well its a buffet.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Buffet is great, country cooked meals. Way overpriced though. Staff was not friendly at all, cared less about us. Went in before and asked for an application. The lady totally ignored me because she was busy chatting with her friend then after I waited for her to finish, found out they didnt have applications.