“Nice pet-friendly hotel, good for stopover”

Best Western Lumberton
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stopped over in Lumberton for the night on my way down to Tampa from New Jersey, and I admit I had some trepidation because this hotel had exterior corridors (I'm a light sleeper and these types of hotels generally tend to keep me awake). However, it was surprisingly quiet. I had a good night's rest. The hotel clearly takes pride in their cleanliness. Like other reviewers have said, despite being pet-friendly, it didn't smell that way. I had parakeets with me that I was bringing to a show in Florida and heard no complaints about them. Crystal was the check-in clerk, was very friendly.

There was only one negative, and it was relatively minor. There was a buzzing sound that the air conditioner made when it was on "standby" (i.e. activated, but not running at that moment). Being a light sleeper, this could've been a problem if I hadn't brought earplugs with me.

Room Tip: As others have said, book a room on the side of the hotel facing away from the Wal-Mart parking lot.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Over our vacation we stayed at the Sheraton in Norfolk and the SpringMaid in Myrtle Beach. This Best Western was the cleanest and overall best hotel we stayed out. The room and facilities were in great (almost new) condition. We will definitely be staying here again in the future.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I always stay at Best Western because of their service and care they take in their guest rooms. I always travel with my pets usually it is my dog and I can say he always relax at this hotel. I have stayed at other chains with him and all he has done is pace the room all night. This time I brought my cat with me and it was a pleasurable trip.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I was very surprised when I arrived and was greeted with such courteous service. The room was also a surprise. It was clean and exactly set up as the pictures showed. No smell, no problems. Can't beat it for the price. They are super dog friendly and the fee of $10.00 was very reasonable. I would stay there again.....In fact, I'm going to book it for my trip homed! I usually don't recommend hotels/motels, but I would recommend this one. It was exactly as I expected, which is very unusual as I have been disappointed so many times before.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised when I stayed at this property. The room I stayed in must have recently been remodeled because everything seemed fresh and new. The room smelled nice and it must have been some type of spray housekeeping used. The only minor complaints were the water pressure (low) and the breakfast (not very imaginative) Very friendly person (Amberlee) checked us in.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robert D
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Our second stay here on our annual beach vacation.The rooms are clean and comfortable. Staff are exceptionally friendly and went out of their way to help. We have stayed at numerous other hotels in Lumberton and have found the Best Western to be the best by far. Looking forward to returning next year!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Our annual stop on our drive from FL to NJ. Clean & comfy and pet friendly! Beds are comfortable with modern bedding. Easy on-off I-95. Many choices for dining within walking distance. Basic breakfast gets you back on the road.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple