“great location, excellent service”

Best Western Lumberton
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton
Reviewed December 25, 2011

clean, up to date and friendly-in other words a definite winner. Traveling with two small canines finding hotelsw that are per and owner friendly is not easy, this property does a great job in that. Amusing in the morning it looks like the dog show, however grounds are kept immaculate and rooms will pass anyone's inspection.

Room Tip: ground floor rooms
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank DUTCHANDFREE54

Reviewed December 19, 2011

Ugh I just can't get enough of how nice this place is. We stopped here in between our legs from NY-FLA and are just thrilled to have stayed here again. Pet Friendly and Convient to I95. PS (Choose the pool side). Very Comfortable beds and great breakfast. Flat Screen TV's. Thank you Best Western. Unfortunatly I will not be back but my parents will be when they come back to NY for the Summer. However I will be back again for the winter stay. Thank you and hope to see you soon.

Room Tip: Remember to choose the pool side and not the walmart side.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank SDWE1234
Reviewed December 10, 2011

This is super clean and modern with flatscreen TVs and very modern furnuture and showers. Best of all it kinda shares a parking lot with a Walmart . You can just walk across the lot and pick-up food and supplies very cheap. The pool was nice too.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank larrythelizard21
Reviewed November 29, 2011

I was really tired of staying in disgusting places on road trips just to save money. I decided to treat myself, and selected this Best Western based on the reviews on TripAdvisor. The upside was that the room was very nice -- clean, decent linens (although thin but clean and in good condition), pillows, and the blanket was even covered in clean sheets. I felt much more comfortable in the room than your average roadside motel. However, it was incredibly noisy. Mostly highway noise, but any noise (such as dog barking or car alarm) came through the thin windows. I would not recommend for a light sleeper. They are very pet friendly, only $10 extra per room, in any room, which is a plus.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank AM3
Reviewed November 27, 2011

I booked this hotel based on Tripadvisor positive reviews and the fact it was pet friendly. It's a pleasure to report it lived up to all the good reviews - so thank you, fellow contributors! The room was large and fresh, the staff welcoming and helpful. It is located a little off the road in the middle of a large shopping area (Wal-mart and Lowe's, for two). Despite that, there was plenty of ground to walk my dog safely. There are a number of places nearby for dinner. I went to Ruby Tuesday (which was very good) but there are a lot of other easy options. The hotel serves a complimentary breakfast which is more than adequate. I'll be back!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank GAIL T
Reviewed November 5, 2011

We stayed for one night on our way to Florida. The staff was friendly, the rooms big and clean. We had no problem letting our kids play in the room. It was also quiet and we were able to darken the room completely. The nearby Walmart is also a plus.
The bed was a little soft but ok and I could not get our DVD player to work because of the Easy Clean Remote.
The breakfast was good including make your own waffles and highchairs for our baby.
We used one of the coupons that was accepted with no problem.
We like this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Reigelser1
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I stayed at this property for one night back in 2007. I was taking my daughter to college in NY from Florida. I always stay at the Hampton Inn but they were sold out so because, at the time, I worked for a Best Western in Florida, I thought that this was the right way to go. After an awful stay that you can read if you look back to 2007, I swore I'd never stay here again.

I decided to give this hotel another try for one reason only: They are the only Pet Friendly hotel around. I like staying in this area because it is close to the Wal-Mart. So passing through town again with my 2 kids and 2 cats, i was afraid but the hotel and staff completely blew me away!! I still work in the hotel biz, mind you, so I'm more observant than usual.

I couldn't believe how much nicer the hotel looked. They upgraded the rooms as well as the breakfast area. My room was super-clean and I would never know that it was a pet-friendly hotel. Everything smelled fresh and the beds were extremely comfortable.

The breakfast area was adequate but clean and comfortable. I don't know whether it's new management or just a new standard, but I was very happy and satisfied with my stay. I would highly recommend this hotel as a great off the interstate stop as long as they keep up the good work.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family