“Best Chicken Sandwich”

Chick-fil-A
Ranked #4 of 101 Restaurants in Lumberton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 30, 2012

If you have never eaten at Chick-fil-a, here's how the food is made (having worked at Chick-fil-a in high school, I know how the food is made here). The fried chicken is actually real whole breasts of chicken opened up, put in a milk and egg mix, breaded and then pressure cooked. The grilled is put in a marinade and left overnight and then grilled. If you like lemonade (I hated doing this), lemons are cut in half, squeezed and then added to water and sugar (sweetener for the sugar free) and there you have the fresh lemonade.

As for this location, it opened up 8/23/12. It is located off exit 22 on I-95 near the Walmart Supercenter, Best Western Lumberton and Shogun buffet. They do have a dine in area and a kids play area at this location. Ever since it opened, it has been packed. They do have 2 lanes for drive thru which does help alleviate the wait time somewhat. They have actually had people directing traffic there on the weekend.

The first time we went there, they messed our order up. We called and spoke to the manager and they put our name down in some book for us to get that item the next time we came there. When my wife went the next time, they not only gave the item that was forgotten but they also gave a coupon for a free breakfast item. Do you think that other "fast" food places would do that? This is one of the things that makes Chick-fil-a so great. They understand customer service.

If the only thing you know about Chick-fil-a is the politics of the President and CEO and you decide not to eat here (or any of their other locations) based on that, you are missing out. For me, I come here for the food. If I made my decision as to what to eat or buy based on the politics of the CEO of a private company, I'd probably have to cook at home every day and make my own Iphone. If I want to eat a great chicken sandwich, I go to Chick-fil-a. What do you think the political views of Colonel Sanders were? Anyway, in short (or long) if you want a real chicken sandwich and great waffle fries, you have to come to Chick-fil-a and this location is well placed in a highly visible part of Lumberton NC.

1  Thank fatubus