“Delicious”

Candy Sue's Downtown
Ranked #9 of 101 Restaurants in Lumberton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Need to add this. The original Candy Sue's is on Pine Street in Lumberton, and just moved to a 2nd, larger, location downtown. Good menu.
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Don't skip out on this one guys, they have some delicious options and the prices are great. Very friendly atmosphere and family friendly as well. Original recipes you won't find anywhere else. Not a chain restaurant so the items aren't prepackaged and are hand made. Owners are usually in the restaurant and making sure you have a great dining experience! If you are having lunch in Lumberton you should drop in and get some good southern food, you won't regret it!

3  Thank Lindsey A
There are newer reviews for Candy Sue's Downtown

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Staff greeted at door atmosphere laid back -industrial rustic interior - food was excellent -the Boston sliders and cheesecake fried dessert -meet owner -will be on my stop list when traveling through

2  Thank JEHAKL
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We arrived around 6:30pm on a Tuesday evening. The restaurant was not crowded. We ordered the fried green tomato platter which was very tasty. Good coating and good sauce. My main course, brisket, was very good with a great sauce. My husband's ribs, though, were very dry. The waitress got my side order and bread order wrong but quickly corrected it. She said she didn't hear me order what I said I ordered. At times she was tough to track down and then all of a sudden she would appear with a refill for my drink. This place isn;t bad at all, it's actually good but I want a waitress who is not as distracted as the one we had.

1  Thank fernh
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Their Facebook page advertised grouper steak & lobster and water street chicken. Those were not listed as specials nor were they even mentioned. We left 15 minutes ago with one meal listed as a special (rosemary scallops) that was inedible We had to send it back. My husband ordered the chicken parm that was featured as a special. While the chicken was cooked nicely; the marinara sauce tasted like a can of tomato's had been opened and poured on the pasta. Very bland. Oddly the owner did not come to our table to make an inquiry about the main course we sent back.We hate this because we want to like your restaurant. However the crab cake and oyster salad were passable. Lunch service is very nice but you need to work on your dinner service. Thin paper napkins that blow off your lap instead of linen? Water glasses that are plastic with a Pepsi logo on it? The hostess acted completely indifferent. Did not welcome us to your restaurant. Also a dinner receipt holder would be nice at the end of the meal. We are glad you have a "full" service bar but saddened that you can not offer a dirty martini. Our server Courtney was very nice but overall a very disappointing experience. I don't see us coming back in the foreseeable future.

3  Thank MaryNC
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Two cousins with spouses met in Lumberton to visit an aunt who lives nearby. We chose Candy Sue's Downtown simply because it is Trip Advisor's number one restaurant in town. We were surprised to find the cafeteria-style menu and were not disappointed with the freshly fried chicken. The portions were plenty and the vegetable selection was interesting. I had a tough time deciding whether to try tomato pie, pineapple casserole or Vadalia onion pie! We lingered at the table visiting with each other for quite awhile after eating and never felt rushed. The waitress was pleasant and accommodating. A very nice experience. I would definitely go again.

Been to Candy Sue's Downtown? Share your experiences!