“Down Home Cooking”

Candy Sue's Downtown
Ranked #10 of 101 Restaurants in Lumberton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Need to add this. The original Candy Sue's is on Pine Street in Lumberton, and just moved to a 2nd, larger, location downtown. Good menu.
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Wonderful and chic place to have a country meal! We stopped for lunch which is either served cafeteria style or menu (for sandwiches only). We had the lunch -cafeteria style. It was wonderful. The food was rich and flavorful and had the extra touch of country cooking. My boss had the Boston Butt which she said was fabulous! Definetely would go there again!

2  Thank BeachBum28472
There are newer reviews for Candy Sue's Downtown

Reviewed April 15, 2014

My job takes me on the road more than 300 days a year, and as such I spend a ton of time in hotels and restaurants on the road. Candy Sue's was an unexpected surprise and I will certainly be back.

The food was top-notch and very affordable. The place was very clean and had a great atmosphere. Most important to me was the service. I was greeted right away by the general manager who offered some insight as to the history of the place, how it came to be, their specials, and some events to see in the city of Lumberton. My server was equally as friendly and helpful - made a great recommendation and was very attentive. Spent a lot of time talking to me about Lumberton and her experiences living throughout the state of NC. This place made me feel like part of the family - something which is genuinely appreciated when you don't really have any one place to call home.

Highly recommend if you find yourself in Lumberton.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

We read about this restaurant on Trip Advisor and this site comes through again. This is a great little find in this sleepy little town of Lumberton where we just happened to be spending the night. The food was excellent and so was our server Betsy. We were kind of hesitant to try the blueberry BBQ ribs but we were pleasantly surprised as they were delicious. We read about the fried cheesecake so purchased two to be split between the four of us. It is to die for!! If you are anywhere near this town do yourself a favor and try out Candy Sue's. Not only is the food fantastic, the building is very impressive as well.

1  Thank BBLEAB
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We like to find local restaurants even when staying in a chain hotel on the highway. Candy Sue's was a good choice. The food was well prepared, and they had a good selection of Carolina micro-brewry beers. The staff was really friendly too.

2  Thank last2board
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Nice atmosphere - good food and good service. They have great specials every day. Local beer available. It is a place where you can go dressed up or casual wear.

1  Thank DianeB730