“Place for delicious food and awesome people.”

Candy Sue's Downtown
Ranked #8 of 100 Restaurants in Lumberton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Need to add this. The original Candy Sue's is on Pine Street in Lumberton, and just moved to a 2nd, larger, location downtown. Good menu.
“Place for delicious food and awesome people.”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Truly impressed. The food and the service are second to none. They also always have excellent entertainment.

• Visited June 2013

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“Wow! This was unexpected.”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

As we are just traveling thru Lumberton we searched TripAdvisor for a decent place to eat and ended up at Candy Sue's. Never having been here before we were a little apprehensive as to what lay before us. Let me honestly say that the food, hospitality and decor at Candy Sue's are all of the highest standards. I wanted to try a local beer but wasn't sure which to try so the owner's son brought me a sampler (free). His choice was very good. Our waitress recommended the bbq pork butt which proved to be moist, tender and delicious. The broccoli salad and the cheesy biscuit were very good. The portion of pork butt certainly exceeded my stomach capacity. The only thing negative was that the okra was over cooked and woody instead of tender. As a desert we shared a fried cheesecake, something new for both of us, and loved it. Would we go again? OMG, of course we would even though we would end up having to let our belts out before leaving. Wow! I almost forgot, my wife had the ribeye sandwich which she says melted in her mouth....

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Ammochief
Saint Cloud, Florida
“Great down home”
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful old building. Great atmosphere and fast good service. Have Fat Tire on tap - my favorite Colorado beer. The brisket and BBQ sauce are to die for. I will be back!!

• Visited May 2013
“The sauce is the boss”
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Hello, I just want to say if your looking for a great place to stop in lumberton this is it. First off the atmosphere was pleasing and laid back, our waitress was very kind and attentive. I ordered ribs and my wife got the chicken.. The blueberry bbq sauce on the ribs made my mouth water just from being in proximity of them. All the food was brought out in a timely manner, both of us had to get boxes cuss the portions were large and in charge. Even my side ceasar salad was enough for us both to share before dinner. Far as the local nc beers go try them all if u can, we tried 2 and loved them... had round 10 local beers to choose from. To round out a wonderful experience the manager gave us a tour and was very down to earth and friendly. I'm from Michigan and have worked in restaurants there for 14yrs, this is some of the best food and people ive found to date. But enough hype, try it for yourself n let the sauce do the talking.

• Visited April 2013
laurinburg
“Where the locals go”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Full disclosure I live in the community and for travelers who are looking for something local and not a national brand then checkout Candy Sue's Downtown. Best nights are Wed thru Sat -each evening there are specials-there is bar that has entertainment some nights along with Karoke after nine. Get a Cheese biscuit and ask to meet Kevin or Susan. Thanks for stopping in Lumberton!

Visited April 2013