“Shower Head From Hell”

Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton
New York
“Shower Head From Hell”
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Our recent stay at Super 8 in Lumberton was fine except for the shower. You had to be a genius to get the shower head to work. Whoever decided to install such a head should have his head examined. The motel is old but clean. There are several restaurants in the area. We stayed here on our way to Florida because it was pet friendly.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Brooksville, Florida
Reviewed December 30, 2013

The staff was very helpful, the beds could have been a little firmer, and it would have helped if we had more then 2 towels in the bath room.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed December 25, 2013

I decided to leave town a day early and stop at the next hotel which happened to be the Motel 8. My check in experience was better than expected considering it was about 11 pm. I was expecting to be checked in by someone who was either too tired or an attitude, like I have experienced at other places but the male guest services agent (I wish I got his name) was VERY nice and professional, he even asked if I was military and gave me the discount. However, the room I got was not so much. The a/c unit was broken, it worked some, but the knobs were broken and you had to mess with it to see if you were on the heat or the ac setting. There was some damage on a wall baseboard that needed repairing but overall the room was not that bad it was clean but personally it needed more work. The price I paid was cheap but I guess it goes without saying you get what you paid for. The next morning, again, the guest service agent was very friendly and nice she made sure we knew about the breakfast and check out was fast.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Towaco
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This motel was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast area was well stocked and had many choices.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

North Myrtle Beach
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed at the Super 8 in Lumberton when I went back to my hometown for a function at the school where I taught for 32 years. Everything was clean, the bed was comfortable and the wireless internet worked well. The location is great. This is no reflection on the hotel but a request of millions of guests who stay in hotels...when you get up and leave at 4:35 a.m., please be considerate and don't wake everyone else in the hotel up. These people were really noisy, and I could not go back to sleep. Thanks to them, I just about fell asleep at the wheel driving home. Again, this is no fault of the hotel. I always try to be courteous, but I will be extra cautious in the future so as not to disturb someone else's sleep.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo