“bad hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Super 8 Lumberton

Super 8 Lumberton
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Cape Coral, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

My wife and children stayed there last night and were disappointed with the cleanliness of the room and property. There were holes in the comforter and they had to battle bugs this morning in the room. Although they were not cockroaches they wre still not something that you want in your room. The rug in the area where the breakfast was served had large stains on it, not very appetizing. I had them stay here rather than a cheaper hotel thinking it would be better but they were disappointed. They had a small dog so it limited our choices. Although the manager that came in at 7am this morning was immediately responsive about the bugs and did take $13 off the night's stay the damage was done. Next time we would look for another hotel. The location was good (near Golden Corral) and they did get a good night's sleep so there is some positives but cleanliness is lacking.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mount Dora, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This Super* by far was one of the oldest properties we've stayed at.It wasn't the cleanest either.
Mold in the bathroom carpet was in need of cleaning.
The linens and towels where in good condition.
The Ice maker didn't work, nor was the pool uncovered from the winter.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Lumberton hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

We stopped with our dog on the way north from Florida. They offered a military discount so it seemed reasonable and the reviews were average. First room they gave us obviously had been slept in- the bed unmade. Went back to the clerk and made it clear that room was not ready. He acted dumbfounded and gave us another room. This time he gave us a smoking room. Although the sheets were clean. The comforter had numerous cigarette burnt holes through it. The pillows were flat and limp. The handle on the toilet was falling out. The towel rack was falling out. We were so tired we stayed. At 1:39 am our door came crashing open-only stopped by the secondary lock. They had sold our room out again!! The night clerk was completely unapologetic and kept saying it wasn't his fault. I was absolutely terrified the rest of the night. We will NEVER stay at this chain again.

• Stayed June 2013
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

My plan was to stop over night on my way to Georgia.I've never seen a room so in dire need of a bulldozer. I think homeless people who stay in a shelter have encountered better living conditions.after checking in a friend and myself stopped at a walmart for a few items for the trip and then went out for a quick dinner.Upon returning to hotel and getting ready to unpack.I became angry at the lateness of the hour and what a filthy hotel room I realized I had.now somewhat tired and unable to find a better room.I Wish I had never stopped in this area called lumberton, north carolina.I should have pushed on. Never again will I stop in this area.it truly Sucks in every possible way one could imagine.

• Stayed May 2013