“Good steaks and salads”

Texas Steakhouse & Saloon
Ranked #15 of 99 Restaurants in Lumberton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Description: Texas Steakhouse & Saloon is a casual dining Steakhouse. Our menu is full of appetizing items with an emphasis on steaks. We also have award winning ribs, fresh seafood & chicken, as well as a variety of garden fresh salads, appetizers & homemade desserts. We pride ourselves in serving a great meal with value & variety in a family friendly environment. Dine In - Take Out - Catering
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good steaks and salads”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Excellent value for a reasonable price. Service excellent and friendly. We eat here every time we stay in Lumberton.

Visited June 2014

“Just order it to go”
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

The food is so good, the staff on the other hand need to be trained on how to treat a client with respect especially since they are working on tips. After my fourth bad dining experience, I will only eat here if I order my food to go. The salads are to die for and the ribs and steaks are perfect but the young servers with attitude problems kill the whole experience.

Burke, Virginia
“A Pox on the Great State of Texas”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I rolled off I-95 for lunch today and quite possibly had the worst hamburger of my life. I ordered the Stuffed Bleu Cheese Burger, cooked medium. What I got hardly resembled a hamburger, the meat was grey in color, devoid of any pink that a medium burger should have. The tomato slice, as small as it was, was not ripe and had no flavor. One bite of the burger simply said bad. The French fries were cold. The best part of the meal were the fresh out of the oven muffins with butter. The waitress was friendly,and gave excellent service, she needs to be serving better food.

• Visited June 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Delicious - even from the To Go Menu”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I am always a little worried about the To Go Menu because sometimes by the time you get it home it's not as good. But this stuff was great. I enjoyed a beer at the bar while I waited and the bartender was very friendly. She took time to speak to me about the area and helped me locate my meeting spot for the next morning.

Visited June 2014
pegh8696
“Good food terrible service”
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

I visited Texas Steakhouse as a part of a retirement party. Our total party was 40-50 people. We had an 11:00 reservation. We were greeted by a friendly server. We ordered our beverages. We had to wait about 5 minutes after getting our beverages before we received straws. We ordered at approximately 11:30. The server asked for each of our names. We order the fried pickles and the full order of onion petals. The $4.99 fried pickles only is 5 pickle spears. The onion petals were cold so we asked for a fresh order. The people at my table order the lunch steak skillet, chicken club sandwich, regular chicken sandwich, and the ribeye steak sandwich. The server apparently individually ordered each person's order as 2 plates came out then another about 5 minutes later and finally the last plate come as I was finishing my lunch. We had to ask for ketchup and rolls. I personally refilled the water at the table. The food was delicious. The tip was automatically included in the total. After receiving the checks we didn't see our server again. We brought our money to her. As I was waiting for the server to go to base to get my change, another customer demanded that the tip be removed for her total. The manager stated that is was automatic, but the receipt clearly stated that the tip was optional. The manager brought me my change and I asked for my original receipt so I could take the survey. I was told that I would have to get it from my server. I told her that I would send my comments to their corporate office. At no time during our dining experience did the manager ever come to our area. 2 servers for a party of 40-50 people is unacceptable.

• Visited June 2014