“Just a cheap place to sleep. No frills, No internet.”
Review of Motel 6 Lumberton

Motel 6 Lumberton
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton
Mount Airy, North Carolina
“Just a cheap place to sleep. No frills, No internet.”
Reviewed October 20, 2009

I have stayed here before and posted a good review at that time which was accurate at the time. That has been aprox a year ago. I stayed here again in Oct 2009 in room #103. There were several musquito's in the room, but it is in the south and expected to a point. The carpet was worn and the bedding was very worn out such as very thin sheets a cigarette hole in the sheet of a non smoking room.?? . The pillows were worn so thin it took both pillows with one of them folded to make a decent pillow to sleep on. The front desk was freindly but the room was just worn out from the carpet to the linens. .Looks like the housekeeper had done here job as far as cleaning,such as the bathroom which was ok, but there's only so much she could do with the worn out linens. The room did looked to have been serviced It was just very worn out. For the price on a business trip sleep over I guess its ok for under $30.00.
Just expect to see " you get what you pay for"
They do have morning coffee but no breakfast.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank highmiles61

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
MA
Reviewed February 21, 2009

We stayed in this Motel 6 last summer and it was the scariest motel I've ever seen. It was late (after midnight) when we arrived and apparently most of the guests live there and spend all night sitting outside in front of their motel rooms in chairs. It's a big party. We were told there is an adult dancer bar next door and it brings in lots of "business" on Friday nights. It was surreal. Two women were fighting over a "customer". One of the women had two small children (under 4) running around barefoot in the dingy parking lot all night. Security was hanging out with the "residents". They were no help at all. Someone called my daughter's room around 3:30 looking for "work" and soon after she knocked on their door. Seriously!!! We were packed up and out of there soon after. We got no sleep. I've slept in many Motel 6's and always had a good experience. This didn't resemble a motel at all.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank wdw4ever

Travelers are raving about these Lumberton hotels

Baltimore, MD
Reviewed May 23, 2007

Be very careful before you make a reservation at this hotel. My family lives in Robeson County, NC (and has been there since the early 1900's) so I attend many events in this area each year.

For a few years my brother and I stayed at this hotel. In the late 90's it was ok.

But the last time we stayed there, there was a serious problem with prostitution. I thought I was seeing things but I confirmed my suspicions with my relatives.

If you are a single woman and have no choice but to stay there, once you go in your room DO NOT LEAVE OUT at night for anything. You will either be propositioned or worse.

In addition, the quality of the rooms has gone down considerably (musty smell, not clean, dirty pool). And the staff isn't what it used to be (the one lady they had years ago was extremely nice - maybe that's why she left for another job).

I repeat...for ladies traveling alone or in a small group...if you must stay there DO NOT LEAVE OUT AT NIGHT.

• Liked — Close to my family's home
  • Disliked — Not clean, prostitution ring
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank northwestern92
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 27, 2005

this was one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at in my life. I am a pet owner, and as such I have stayed at many motel6's in the past becouse they accept pets.
To start with the motel os wedged in between a mexican cantina night club, and a mexican fast food joint. The music was so loud, that even though i had a room on the other side away from the night club, the windows vibrated. The matresses were stained, so badly I brought a blanket up from the car and slept on it. ( what sleep I got) The cold water was shut off in the room, and when I managed to crawl under and turn it on black and brown gunk flowed out of the sink. There were two sherriffs deputies in uniform and in cars patroling the parking lot. I asked them if it was safe there they said, they would not allow their family to stay there. I drove to the local market to get some bottled h2O, and pulled back in the parking lot to watch a drug deal in open view going on.
I dozed for 2 hours, with a loaded pistol and then when I felt I could drive again, got the heck out.

• Stayed February 2005
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Blairsville, Georgia
Reviewed June 27, 2003

I've stayed here a few times in the past. When they first renovated this place, it was great but unfortunately, the housekeeping and maintainence has gone downhill a whole lot. On my last visit, the bathroom was very dirty, had cigarette burns on the sink and what looked like dried mucus on the walls. This was a non-smoking room. They don't provide bathmats and only a towel per person, so if you ask for another towel, you get a very rude person at the desk arguing with you about the fact that you have a towel already, and don't need another. I don't know about you, but I don't want to put my feet on the bare floor of a filthy bathroom. I strongly recommend you stay away from this place until they clean up their act.

• Stayed October 2002