“Avoid this estabishment”
Review of Days Inn Lumberton

Days Inn Lumberton
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton
Reviewed March 7, 2009

This room featured dirty carpets that forced you to wear shoes, grime rubbed into the furniture, rust stains and a dank smell. In the morning, I found two cockroaches, one in the bottom of the ice bucket. The desk clerk was actually sarcastic when I showed the cockroach to him, the manager ignored a letter of complaint and the president of the Days Inn chain, Mr. Ken Greene, never responded to my letter. I have three identical form letters and finally, a check for half of the room's rental fee.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AIDAID

Reviewed February 26, 2009

Stayed at this hotel on the way home from Florida, traveling with our dog. Hotel accepted pets for a $10 fee. Now I know why. Towels were gray and looked like they had not been changed. Bed was old and worn out and sloped to the middle. The room was so dirty that we slept in our clothes and the noise from surrounding rooms made us wonder if its not a home for working girls. But, our dog had a great night's sleep and gave the place three stars.

• Stayed: January 2009
1  Thank usndon
Reviewed February 16, 2009

Rooms were dirty bugs running around.I been by it a few times afterwards on my way FLA would never stop there again.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank RinkratNY
Reviewed January 5, 2009

dirty, bugs everywhere in the room. People loudly fighting outside of a room next to ours.......staff not helpfull

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank vhotte
Reviewed September 5, 2006

Stayed one night. The room smelled bad. The A/C smelled of mildew. The shower was not clean. The carpet was bad, and the alrm clock did not work. The door to the room did not lock properly. The owner and manager accused me of stealing a blanket after I had checked out and then informed the local police. I sent him money to replace the blanket he accused me of stealing, just to end the ordeal. The owner is from some middle eastern country and is not very forthcoming when questioned about the ownership or his employees honesty. The Days Inn corporate customer service personel where unable to assist, because the motel is a franchise. I spent fifteen minutes on hold only to have the customer service agent tell me that she could do nothing and little control over what the motel did. I will never stay in another Days Inn facility again, or Wyndam Hotel chain. Strongly suggest you find another Hotel chain, before this experience happens to you. Truckers stay clear of this Motel.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank apmech
Reviewed August 23, 2006

Stayed at this Days Inn for a single night after seeing the local outdoor drama in Pembroke.

Staff was very friendly and seemed to be very concerned with the appearance of the grounds. Check-in was easy and we got our requested non-smoking, ground room floor.

Room was large enough and since we had a King bed, there was a couch as well, but no table or desk. Bathroom was a little worn and mostly clean (found a few hairs), but small. At least the sink was outside the toilet/tub area (sometimes it isn't).

Bed was worn and no longer very firm, which bothered my back since I have a "rock hard" mattress at home. Carpet was as clean as you can expect, but I'd never go barefoot on it. However, the A/C worked great and got the room ice cold, just like I like it when sleeping.

My only complaint with the room was that it had the smell where someone had smoked in it. I do wish non-smoking was just that....non-smoking. I have bad allergies and cannot stand to be in a room where smoking has taken place..I simply can't breathe. You could really smell the smoke in the mattress of the bed, which is the one place where Fabreeze doesn't work too well. Therefore I had a hard time sleeping because of breathing difficulties that night.

I guess there really is no place like home!!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kat_Cubs_fan
Reviewed March 9, 2006

Not thrilled about this Days Inn. Stayed there a couple of years ago, and honestly wouldn't go back as I frequent Florida coming from NJ every year. Hotel felt a bit dirty, especially bathroom. One or two bugs found in there..not too happy about that. It was a one night stay though so what can you do? Next time I'll be staying at a different hotel.

• Stayed: June 2004
3  Thank xoannamariaox
BeckyFDM, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Lumberton, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2010

Dear Valid Guest.

I realize that it has been a couple of years since the orginal review was written. I am just wanting to follow up with you and let you know that have made some major changes here at Days Inn Lumberton, NC. I understand that you did not have a pleasant experience with us when you were here and for that I do apologize too you.

I am inviting you to come back and stay with us and allow us to show you the new and exciting changes that we have made. If you find your self traveling back through our area please give us a call and allow us to accomodate you.