“HORRIBLE”

Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton
McLean, Virginia
“HORRIBLE”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

After a long drive, we pulled in to Days Inn, Lumberton after 10 PM. I don't need luxury but at least expected something halfway decent. You do NOT want to stay there. Furniture horrible, bed with plastic hanging on the box spring, "messages" etched on the metal part of the light over the bed (a la sleezy bathroom walls), sink clogged, vent over the shower falling out of ceiling. I slept in my clothes so very little of my body would touch the sheets. Got out of there as quickly as we could the next morning, not wanting to partake of the free breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I tend to stay away from Day's Inn, since you never know what to expect from one to the next and the last few were horrible! However, the Quality Inn next door had a poor parking lot and being tired, we tried the Day's Inn, on a whim. It confirmed that I best stay away from this chain.
There was no room to park in front of our room here, either and we had to wade through the overgrown grass to get to our trunk. The walls are thin, I could hear the dog barking continuously THREE rooms away! (We were told no pets were allowed). We were under the stairs and that was annoying as well. There was mold behind the bathroom door. The primary problem was again, a plumbing issue - the sink did not drain and in fact backwashed from the room behind us, which was disgusting. The motel was kind enough to provide us with cleaner and a rag, which we used repeatedly. We could have changed rooms but having moved in, I was reluctant to move especially when we had the last King available on the first floor. The idea of a queen and/or lugging our stuff upstairs after a long day just wasn't acceptable. I suspect we may have had the same problem in a different room, as well.
Had it not been for all this, I would have been okay with it since it was quiet the night we were there (a Friday) and I slept fairly well.
An added annoyance was the clerk's general inability to be helpful. No good resolution to room problem. When asked for directions to the local steakhouse, she failed to mention that they had coupons there across the lobby that would have saved us $4.00 and earned Day's Inn some goodwill.
In the morning the apple AND orange juices were so watered down they were not worth drinking. There was nothing she could or would do about it and NO apologies were made. That was the straw that broke this camel's back. I am sure that Lumberton has better motels than this one. The Day's Inn on North Roberts Avenue gets an A for it's convenience to I-95, but that's all.

Room Tip: If not for the clerk AND the sink, it would have been a (Low) average.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Lumberton hotels

Cambridge
Reviewed October 23, 2012

On the traffic side of thwe hotel.Was charged three times on my credit card and only got two charges back and cant get in touch with the manager three days no reply from him I.d never stay there again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

KINGS MOUNTAIN
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The location is great! The staff was great! Very friendly and helpful. I had an emergency and had to leave early. I asked if they could refund me for the extra night I was suppose to stay. They said yes, no problem. I felt safe staying here. Very quiet and peaceful. I will stay at this hotel the next time I visit Lumberton!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends