“Won't be back”

Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton
Croghan, NY
“Won't be back”
Reviewed March 9, 2012

Needong an inexpensive room on 95 in Lumberton, I decided to stay in the Days Inn. We had stayed here before and I expected a dated and somewhat worn room. I didn't expect a dirty one. The bathroom smelled funky...sour smell to the shower curtain. Toilet base was dirty. Tub wouldn't drain properly. Hunky dried substance on side of mattress cover and box spring. A real disappointment.

• Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Etowah, TN (East TN)
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Do not waste your time or money staying here. There are other quality hotels in the area that have better conditions and make your stay well worth the price you pay. We will NEVER stay here again as we do work in Lumberton several times a year. Of the 4 rooms we had, 134,136,145 & 149, none of them were the price paid. The beds were very uncomfortable, bedding was so worn you could LITERALLY see thru it! The first night, I thought i was going to have to cut my shower short because the tub was not draining and I thought it was going to overflow. The tub faucet leaked so bad, it ran off the tub, covering the bathroon floor and soaking the carpet. Can you say MOLD??? The second night, the smoke alarm was beeping because of a low battery, I was told to remove it from the wall and I took it to the front desk for a new battery to no avail. The 3rd we still had no smoke alarm in our room, but we finished the job and checked out. When we return to Lumberton, and we will in October, we WILL NOT stay at the Days Inn!!!

Room Tip: The only tip I can offer for a good room for the price is a different hotel in the area!!!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank HLL

Travelers are raving about these Lumberton hotels

Ft Myers FL
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Read the mixed reviews & decided to give it a try. Property is dated but room was clean and they accepted dogs - glad to see that there were pet specific rooms designated. One bed sagged in the middle but the other was fine. Got a good nights rest and acceptable breakfast. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: 2nd floor room had a pleasant aroma and was quiet.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
BeckyFDM, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Lumberton, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
I would like to thank you for your review. We have received our new beds and are putting them in the rooms. I do hope that you will come and visit us again in the future. As always we are working hard to make our establishment a clean and comfortable place to visit.

Becky Zuber
South Jersey
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Booked this room on-line while on the road. Pulled in pretty late in the evening. The outside looked clean but old and used. The room was reasonable for night time, used and old. Those were expected. Unexpected was the apparent age of the mattresses in the room. The springs were very soft, sharing the bed, we rolled toward each other, and the bedspread and side of the mattress had unsavory age and use stains. The sheets seemed clean and we stayed between them. We spent about 45 minutes in the room with our eyes open and that was just about right. The room may not have survived more than that. But the price was low and, except for the mattresses, we got what we expected waking up in the morning having slept that night.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly for their rate
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank calm_weather
BeckyFDM, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Lumberton, responded to this review, July 29, 2011
I do apologize to you! We have ordered more beds but due to the frequency of guest accidently spilling stuff on the beds it is really hard to maintain stain free mattresses. I would hope that you will come back to see us again in the future. If so please call ahead and ask to speak with me directly and I will do my best to ensure that you have a pleasant experience. Thank you for your remarks.

Becky, FDM
Lake Alfred, FL
Reviewed June 4, 2011

We checked your ratings for hotels in Lumberton, and The Days Inn seemed to have the best ones. We travel from S to N semi-annually. Will definitely use this hotel in the future. It was clean, convenient and had friendly service. The room was larger than expected with fridge, mic. and sofa. The only downfall was the air conditioner having trouble keeping up with the record heat, but was satisfactory. Also could use some protein (yogert, boiled eggs) on their lite breakfast.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
BeckyFDM, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Lumberton, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
Thank you for your kind remarks. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Becky Zuber
Toronto
Reviewed May 9, 2011

After leaving Fort Lauderdale at 8:00 am; arrived in the area at about 10:00 pm on a Sat night. Stopped at a few hotels that were either filthy; noisy; or $130 for a few hours of sleep.
Becky, Front of House Mgr., quickly checked us in. Friendly.
When I realized I forgot something of importance the next morning, after leaving, I called the hotel; and was relieved to find that she would UPS the item to me.
Don't find that kind of service very often these days!
Beds were comfortable. Place was clean. And didn't cost a fortune.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
BeckyFDM, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Lumberton, responded to this review, May 19, 2011
Thank you so kindly for your remarks. It is my personal ambition to try to serve each customer with the best possible care that I can. We here at Days Inn wish to thank you again for staying with us and I do hope to see you again in the future. If I can be of assistance to you please don't hesitate o contact me.

Becky
Rockland, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 26, 2011

A great place to stay for a few hours while making the commute from Massachusetts to Florida! Clean and comfortable. Grab the quick continental breakfast (waffles included) and be on your way!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
We thank you for your kind remarks. We hope to see you again in the future! If I can assist you in anyway please don't hesitate to contact me.

Becky