“Dinner meeting” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Village Station 1893 Restaurant

The Village Station 1893 Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 99 Restaurants in Lumberton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Dinner meeting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

I met here with a group of friends for a dinner merting to plan a fall event. The waitress was very courteous and the food was great. I enjoyed a ribeye steak sandwich that was delicious and it was less than $10 with fries.

“I'd eat at a chain before going here”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Mediocre at best. For dinner we had petite steak, a jus sandwich, lasagne and a kid's cheeseburger. The fries and broccoli were good, as was the cheeseburger, but everything else was less than stellar. The salad bar did look good and I wish I had tried it.

Marietta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

Stopped in for lunch and really enjoyed it. Had a great mushroom burger and salad. Waitress was very nice and management came by to check in and wished us a safe trip when leaving.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Brian S
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
“Great Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

I was in Lumberton, NC for the Book 'Em NC event and attended an author meet & greet at this location. Hubby and I decided to order dinner after the event and were pleasantly surprised. Our steaks were delicious, the service was fantastic, and it was easy to see that they don't just cater to tourists passing through on I-95. There were many locals dining there, which says a great deal about the restaurant. We even returned to this establishment on the second night and enjoyed yummy chicken parm. Not only was the food reasonably priced and tasty, but Arnold West, the owner, could not have been more congenial. He walks around to chat with his customers to make sure that their dining experience is as good as it gets. If we are ever in Lumberton, NC again, we would definitely dine here!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mary Anne B
Robbinsville, New Jersey
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

On an overnight stop in Lumberton we went to this restaurant because it was close to our hotel. My husband ordered a small rib-eye steak that was awful. Very tough and not much taste. My chicken dish was ok, pretty much what I ordered, plain grilled chicken breast. The salad bar was just ok. The service was fine, waitress was friendly.

• Visited February 2014