“Seafood Extroidinaire”

Ranked #1 of 101 Restaurants in Lumberton
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We are a family style Eastern North Carolina Seafood Restaurant featuring the best in Fried, Broiled and Boiled Seafood including Fish (Flounder, Sea Trout, Catfish, Tilapia, etc.) Shrimp, Scallops, Oysters, Clam Strips and Devil Crab. We also offer non-seafood dishes that include Ribs, BBQ, Chicken, Pasta and a line up of Sandwiches and Salads. Come check us out, you will love our food and our great Southern Hospitality.
Reviewed September 3, 2014

O.K., this is it - - Absolutely the best seafood on the East Coast. Folks in S.C. and N.C. have been told for years that the seafood in the little coastal community of Calabash, N.C. is the very best and it is very good. But you only have to dine at Pier 41 Seafood in Lumberton, NC to get the very best, and that's a fact. The owner and waitstaff are all very friendly, helpful and professional. Hot hushpuppies & honey butter are served to your table as soon as you are seated and they are scrumptious.
This is a family restaurant with wonderful seafood at great prices. Save me some!

Steve R, Owner at Pier 41 Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2014

William
WOW! Thanks for the great review. Our cooking style is patterned after the restaurants in Calabash so when we hear you enjoy our product better than at Calabash, that's a great compliment. Thanks for coming to eat with us and I'm glad that you enjoyed it so much. Take care and thanks again!

Reviewed September 2, 2014

Wow!! We again went to Pier 41 as there is soo much food!! And the food is great tasting! I swear next time I will get the small plate of Shrimp and share it with hubby next time as we always have so much food left over!!
If you like seafood you will LOVE Pier 41

Margo
Welcome back and thanks for the second review!! I believe you are the first to write two reviews for us and they were both awesome. I'm glad that you enjoy eating here with us so much. We look forward to having you come again on your next trip through! God Bless and have a great day.

Reviewed August 30, 2014

Great dining experience. Greeted Right Away WiTh Hot Hushpuppies That Were Delicious. Good Service. Great Atmosphere

Steve R, Owner at Pier 41 Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2014

Sarah
Thanks for the great review. I am happy that you enjoyed your experience here at the Pier. The hushpuppies are hard to resist especially when you drag them through the honey butter!!
Have a great day!

Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

Went here because you could order online and was in a hurry and didn't want fast food....I would take a McDonald's chicken sandwich over theirs and fish was horrible. Everyone that says this place is good needs to go to a real restaurant. Wish I could share a pic of the sandwich on here....

3  Thank Sean A

Sean
I am very sorry that your meal was not up to par. We must have really been off our game and that is a shame because my guys can really put out some good food, as the reviews show. I would love to have another chance to show you what we can do but I know you live out of state. I will also be glad to refund your money as I don't want anyone to pay for something that they were not happy with. Please feel free to contact me to enable me to make things right and I really hope if you come through town agaln that we can have another chance to show you what we can do.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

We went to Lumberton to go to Exploration Station and we wanted to do a little bit more than just that on a rainy Sunday. So, we stopped by Pier 41. It was pretty busy, but the wait wasn't more than 10 minutes, which is important to use because we have an extremely active little one who has no tolerance for sitting if he can't eat something. The owner sat us and chatted a little bit, making us feel a little more at home (I'm glad he did that because the place is very much a local spot). Our waitress was very nice and very efficient. The food was really good and I enjoyed the deviled crab very much. This place was definitely some of the best seafood I have had in the area for sure. It comes very close to the down home-cooking I grew up with! I wouldn't mind stopping here again if I am in the area, but I wouldn't make a trip to Lumberton (a 40 minute drive from where we live) just to eat here. I would definitely recommend Pier 41 to anyone finding their way into Lumberton!

Steve R, Owner at Pier 41 Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Hey guys. Thanks for stopping in with us and for writing the nice review! I also enjoyed the conversation and hope your travels bring you back through Lumberton so we can see you again.
God Bless.

Been to Pier 41 Seafood? Share your experiences!