“So glad we chose this place! ”
Review of Pier 41 Seafood

Pier 41 Seafood
Ranked #1 of 101 Restaurants in Lumberton
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We are a family style Eastern North Carolina Seafood Restaurant featuring the best in Fried, Broiled and Boiled Seafood including Fish (Flounder, Sea Trout, Catfish, Tilapia, etc.) Shrimp, Scallops, Oysters, Clam Strips and Devil Crab. We also offer non-seafood dishes that include Ribs, BBQ, Chicken, Pasta and a line up of Sandwiches and Salads. Come check us out, you will love our food and our great Southern Hospitality.
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

We checked into our hotel after 7 hours of driving from Florida to our home in Maryland and I checked on trip advisor for a place for dinner. After reading all the great reviews we decided to go to Pier 41. What a find! Delicious food, great prices and friendly staff! Steve ( the owner ) stopped by and chatted with us. What a charming man. He was actually interested in our trip ( we were attending a key ceremony for a wounded warrior's new handicapped accessible home in Florida ).
Great find. We will be back next time we come thru the area!

Steve R, Owner at Pier 41 Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2014

Hey guys
Hope you made it home safely. We enjoyed having you for dinner the other night. I also enjoyed the conversation and hearing about your support of our wounded veterans. What a wonderful cause. May God Bless you and our Troops! See you soon.

Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I ate here tonight on our stop over to Virginia Beach. The waitress was simply amazing. She was very polite and always had a smile. The food was super yummy. I had the broiled shrimp,fish, crab cake and scallops. Very well seasoned and cooked perfectly. The hush puppies they serve here are the best I have had. I will definitely come back! Thank you Steve for taking the time to sit and chat with with us. :-)

Denise
Thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review. We are really happy that you enjoyed your broiled seafood. Thanks for the comments on your server too. They work really hard to make sure everyone is happy. I enjoyed the conversation with you guys also. Take care and stay Blessed.

Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Being from Washington state and crossing the country, ive had so many amazing experiences trying all these new restaurants but none of them compare to this one.

First the workers;
Not only was our waitress so polite and generous, but the owner ( I believe his name is Steve) came over to us and we got to chatting like we had known each other for years! He was generally interested in what we had to say and he was just one of the nicest men I've ever met! I felt at home at a restaurant that I had never been to before.

The food;
Simply amazing. No other words to describe how satisfied I was with every part of my meal. And the unsweetened ice tea... I could have carried it out in gallon buckets and still not have had enough!

I recommend ANY AND EVERYONE going through Lumberton to stop and have a relaxing and delicious meal at this restaurant.

I have never been so satisfied leaving a restaurant in my life. Thank you all for such a wonderful experience!

Chelsea
Wow! What an awesome review. I am glad that you enjoyed your dinner here at the Pier. I am blessed to have a great staff that tries to make everyone feel at home. I hope your trip goes well and maybe we will see you again next time through Lumberton.
God Bless

Reviewed July 27, 2014

My wife and I, her brother and his two daughters arrived close to closing time on this Sunday evening. We were greeted by the friendly manager and friendly wait staff and proceeded to enjoy an exceptionable meal. We had a variety of seafood, broiled and fried and enjoyed everything on our platters. It was simply a very good meal in a very comfortable, clean and friendly restaurant best suited to families and people who enjoy a simple and friendly environment. We look forward to our next trip to Lumberton and our next meal at Pier 41. And special thanks to the Pier 41 staff - 5 stars!

Steve R, Owner at Pier 41 Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Fred
Thanks for taking your time to write such a great review! We are very happy that you enjoyed your dinner here at the Pier. I am blessed to have a staff that naturally display true Southern Hospitality as well as a kitchen staff that puts out a great product. We enjoyed having your family and look forward to your return.
God Bless.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

My wife and I drove from Fayetteville NC to Lumberton based on a recommendation from a friend. I went online, and checked out the menu. Growing up in Maryland, I enjoyed a lot of oyster stew, and oysters steamed and fried. I was looking forward to enjoying some more! I was disappointed when I received my menu, and it indicated that oysters were not available. My server informed me that they had not had oysters for 3 months. I understand if quality oysters aren't available for a few days or a couple of weeks. But it seems that the website should have been updated to indicate their unavailablity after a couple of weeks. I would not have driven the 66 miles roundtrip had I known about the lack of oysters.

The shrimp, flounder, and scallops were cooked perfectly with a light breading. The cole slaw was delicious. I probably would have rated the restaurant higher if I had oysters!

Steve R, Owner at Pier 41 Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

I am so sorry that you were disappointed about the Oysters. This has been a terrible year for Oysters, even through the winter months they were hard to get. Once warm weather arrived, the quality tanked and after returning my delivery a couple of times due to quality, I decided to pull them from the menu until the fall. Hopefully we will be able to find some good product then. I am anxious to get them back on the menu. I agree that I need to pull them off the web site. I am guilty of not thinking about that an just focusing on the menus we use in house.
I am glad that you enjoyed the other products that you tried. Hopefully you will give us another try when the oysters come in.
Have a blessed day.