“Food and Service Excellent”
Review of Pier 41 Seafood

Pier 41 Seafood
Ranked #1 of 100 Restaurants in Lumberton
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We are a family style Eastern North Carolina Seafood Restaurant featuring the best in Fried, Broiled and Boiled Seafood including Fish (Flounder, Sea Trout, Catfish, Tilapia, etc.) Shrimp, Scallops, Oysters, Clam Strips and Devil Crab. We also offer non-seafood dishes that include Ribs, BBQ, Chicken, Pasta and a line up of Sandwiches and Salads. Come check us out, you will love our food and our great Southern Hospitality.
North Carolina
“Food and Service Excellent”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We live in the area and eat here frequently. The food has always been good. In addition to fried seafood entrees, they also have some broiled seafood options. This restaurant is always clean, and the employees are always pleasant and prompt. I don't think I have ever eaten at this restaurant when the owner was not there and out in the dining area, speaking with customers and making sure everything was going well. If we went there and didn't see him, we'd wonder where he was! We have friends from Florida who always want to eat at Pier 41 when they are in town. I've had the broiled stuffed fish, it is excellent; so is the salmon, both with lemon dill and blackened. The fried platters are good, and the hushpuppies are wonderful, too. Great place to go in Lumberton. I've never tried the desserts... there's never any room for dessert after the wonderful meal!

• Visited February 2014
Steve R, Owner at Pier 41 Seafood, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Hey Guys,
Wow, thanks for the great review. Thank you for being a regular customer and we are very proud to serve you and your family. I am blessed to have the great staff we have that takes such good care of our guests, both in the dining room and the kitchen. They all work very hard to make sure you have a great experience here at the Pier. By the way, the stuffed fish is one of my favorites also...a great blend of flavors.
Thanks again for the review and have a blessed day.

Whiting, New Jersey
“Owner goes second mile”
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

We went to Pier 41 tonight because of the great reviews on Trip Advisor. We mentioned that to our waitress and the owner came over and asked where we were from. We told him snowy NJ. When the food came, both of us had ordered salmon. Again the owner sat down. How is it? Mine was a bit mushy. He went to the kitchen and came back later with a new tasty piece of salmon. THE OWNER AGAIN SAT DOWN UNTIL HE WAS SATISFIED THAT I WAS HAPPY WITH MY SALMON. I was very impressed. Steve, you are using the gift God gave you to serve the Lord with gladness. We will return. God bless you and you ministry of food.

Steve R, Owner at Pier 41 Seafood, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Hey Guys
Thanks for the great review. I apologize we did not get your dinner right the first time but I appreciate you letting us know so we could fix it. That gave us the opportunity to talk a bit which I really enjoyed. God has blessed our business from day one and showed himself agian by sending you to us. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip through. God Bless and have a wonderful spring!
East Northport, New York
“Neighborhood Gem!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We went here based on great trip advisor reviews. We arrived at 6pm to a packed house. Standing room only! There was about 50 people waiting for tables and a self-service sign up sheet. The manager went strictly by the list except for very large groups who were able to make a reservation. Although we had 14 people ahead of us, we only waited 15 minutes to be seated. There are only a couple of seats, so be prepared to stand while you wait for a table. Once seated, a fresh basket of hush puppies were brought to our table (which we quickly devoured) and our drink order was taken. The waitress (India) quickly returned with drinks and took our food order. It took a little while to get our food and the waitress returned and apologized for the delay and brought us more hush puppies (so yummy)! My husband and I both ordered the broiled fish platter (shrimp, scallops and tilapia), with sides of slaw, baked potato and sweet potato fries. Everything was delicious and fresh. I thought I could detect some sweetness in the slaw and sweet potato fries, making the slaw perfect, but I prefer my fries a little salty. India, our waitress, could not have been sweeter or more efficient. It seemed that all of the staff really worked very hard and it showed. You could tell this was a place that the locals returned again and again! A winner!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Lo R
Steve R, Owner at Pier 41 Seafood, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thanks for the great review. I am glad you enjoyed your experience here at the Pier. I apologize for your wait but happy you felt the service and food was worth it. I agree, India does a great job with her guests and is very personable. We are blessed to have her on our staff. Hopefully we will see you again on your next trip through Lumberton. Thank you for your business!
Beaufort, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a Nice Surprise”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We were in town overnight and came across Pier 41. Being from Beaufort SC we are kind of particular about our seafood but always like to try something new. We were not disappointed. I had the fried seafood platter and it was great. The cole slaw, hush puppies and sweet potato fries were also delicious. Our waitress was great and we had a nice chat with Steve, the owner who obviously cares very much about his restaurant. I would give them 5 stars except for the ambience, but that would not keep us from going back again if we were ever up that way. It was also very reasonably priced. We really enjoyed our visit.

• Visited January 2014
Steve R, Owner at Pier 41 Seafood, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Hey guys
Thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your meal with us. Its always nice to please real seafood lovers! I also enjoyed visiting with you and hope you had a great trip. Thanks for including us in your agenda.
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“we love Pier 41 Seafood!”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We are from fayetteville and drive to Lumberton often to eat at this restaurant. ..We love it. Great food and service, esp. the broiled seafood platter, delish!

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank kevinandpam14
Steve R, Owner at Pier 41 Seafood, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thanks for the awesome review. I am very pleased that you enjoy coming down to eat with us. We sell far more fried seafood but the broiled is the bomb! We love you too!

Been to Pier 41 Seafood? Share your experiences!