“NUMBER ONE! BEST SEAFOOD EVER!”
Review of Pier 41 Seafood

Pier 41 Seafood
Ranked #1 of 99 Restaurants in Lumberton
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a family style Eastern North Carolina Seafood Restaurant featuring the best in Fried, Broiled and Boiled Seafood including Fish (Flounder, Sea Trout, Catfish, Tilapia, etc.) Shrimp, Scallops, Oysters, Clam Strips and Devil Crab. We also offer non-seafood dishes that include Ribs, BBQ, Chicken, Pasta and a line up of Sandwiches and Salads. Come check us out, you will love our food and our great Southern Hospitality.
Boca Raton, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“NUMBER ONE! BEST SEAFOOD EVER!”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We have traveled over 30 States and have eaten seafood in each of them and we honestly vote PIER 41 as THE VERY BEST! When ever we are traveling from South Florida to visit relatives up North we make sure we stop and eat here both ways! My husband loves the Broiled Seafood Platter and I usually get the deep fried Platter. YUMMY - Oh and don't forget the deep fried oysters, they are so delicious and go down like candy! Make sure you try the sweet potato fries...super good!!
Service is fast and always friendly..... Thank you Pier 41 for providing such awesome food + Service.
Remember everyone it just a stones throw from Exit 20 off of Route 95.....

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank endlesstreasures

Midlothian, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Jumbo shrimp to die for, or at least go 1 mile off 95 to find it!”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Went to college with the owner of Pier 41 35 years ago. Heard he opened up a seafood restaurant in Lumberton, NC from other college friends. Don't travel south on 95 very often, but heading on a trip to FL, I Googled "seafood restaurants in Lumberton, NC" and Pier 41 popped up. I looked at the web site to make sure it was the same person that I once knew. The web site is GREAT. Decided on the trip home, we would stop for lunch/dinner to check out the place, and hopefully run into Steve. The restaurant is only 1 mile off the interstate. The food was delicious. I love shrimp and this jumbo shrimp was fabulous. It is lightly battered, Calabash style, so that you get the flavor and texture of the shrimp and not a lot of batter. I had no room to eat the french fries or much of the cole slaw because of the healthy portion of shrimp given, also, I had munched on too many of the great hush puppies that they served as appetizers. Had not had hush puppies in many years, and they were perfectly warm, and again, not a lot of heavy batter, with a delicious flavor that I remember from many years ago. The atmosphere is very family oriented and comfortable. If you didn't know the owner, like I did, you would shortly, as he mingles with the patrons greeting them personally. The portions are plentiful and temperature perfect. There are quite a few tried and true fish delicacies on the menu. It was a wonderful meal, reasonably priced. The wait staff was very attentive to refilling drinks, and anticipating needs. Overall, a wonderful experience. Time in and out of the restaurant, with ordering, serving and eating, and of course reconnecting with the owner was 1 hour 15 minutes. Then back on 95 north to home. Wish I had more travel that took me through Lumberton, because I would stop again for this great food expereince.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank SueCummings
Jennings, Florida
“A Seafood Restaurant Worth Getting Off the Interstate For”
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Surprisingly good seafood! Pier 41 is a place frequented mostly by locals. The friendly owner stopped by our table and gave us directions to where we could find motels. He told us that they tried to serve 1000 patrons each Saturday and Sunday. Their prices are quite reasonable, their portions large, and their service friendly. It is a place we would frequent if it were close to home, but we would order less food!

1 Thank jenningshomebody
Lumberton
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It is always outstanding...”
Reviewed June 26, 2011

I am local who has for more years than I'm willing to admit prayed that a good seafood Restaurant would come to Lumberton. I had been driving to the Beach and other neighboring towns for decent cooked seafood. I went to a dinner meeting about a year ago to Pier 41 and I fell in love with their food, their service and atmosphere. Their seafood is the best I've had in years. I have a very sensitive stomach to fried foods but I can eat theirs and never have a problem. I highly recommend this Restaurant to anyone that loves good seafood..It is the best.. Thank you Pier 41 for being the answer to my prayers... Barbara Gola

1 Thank bgola017
USA
“Reasonable Food and Prices”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

This is a clean restaurant with personal service. Prices and food are moderate with a "home town" flavor. The owner takes time to be with the clientele and listens to their suggestions. He is appreciative of the locals supporting the restaurant but is also welcoming to new comers. Food portions are large and tasty. Good place to take friends who are visiting.

1 Thank CountryTravelerUSA

Been to Pier 41 Seafood? Share your experiences!