“Very Impressed”

Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton
Birmingham
“Very Impressed”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I checked into Country Inn & Suites after a bad experience from their competitor across the street. I had just travelled 8 hours and was ready to relax. My original hotel was not up to par. I ventured across the street and got a room with Country Inn & Suites. The lobby was clean. the staff was friendly. I made a request to see a room before checking in. The manager let me look at too rooms before I paid for the rooms. I was happy about every aspect of the stay. When in town again, I will definately seek this place out.

Room Tip: Good Location for HWY access, food and dininng.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Front desk and breakfast staff were great, did not have any delay with check-in or out. The room was a bit smaller than previous Country Inn I've stayed but it was clean so I won't complain as that is my first priority anyway. It is also a bit noisier but then it is just beside I-95 and the room is on that side of the building; if I am ever around here again I will ask for the other side if possible. I found it a little strange that the coffee maker was in the bathroom, but I did not use it so again not a big deal. All in all it was still OK. Bed was great and room was clean, all I needed for a night's rest.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Checked in without problem...room was average...but when I went to shower there was two bars of used soap and shampoo in the tub...obviously it was left from the guests before us....it is late and after driving all day from ny I was too tired to deal with it now...I will mention it to the desk in the morning...probably won't stay here next year on our trip to mb.

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with our 3 kids for 2 nights. Wished we had stayed at a different hotel. This hotel was just ok. Pictures are deceiving. This hotel is in need of a serious remodel. The check in process was quick, we stayed in a 2 bed suite with a pull out sofa. We weren't provided with enough towels or pillows to accommodate the 5 of us and when I requested more the lady at the desk seemed very put out and said "well you are going to have to come down and get them". The room furnishings were very outdated, but seemed to be clean. The sofa bed was extremely uncomfortable and caused for a terrible nights rest. The breakfast was absolutely the worst I have ever come across and we chose not to eat it the second morning. Who can honesty screw up a free breakfast? They did! The yogurt was past its expiration date and they didn't set out hardly any drinks. Just coffee and water. My kids were super disappointed with the hotel pool, as they had hoped to have fun in the outdoor pool. Fat chance! It's so tiny and not well kept! There were gigantic bugs in the pool and filters in day 1 and when we were leaving there on day 3, they were still there! If you are desperate for a place to say in the lumberton area with a large family look somewhere else. We will never stay here again. Oh and the lady at the desk did say that they were going to be remodeling soon, because they had become part of a larger chain. Maybe that will help get this hotel fixed up.

• Stayed August 2013
DELTONA
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We are back from another trip up I-95 from Florida to Virginia. This trip we chose to stay in Lumberton, NC at the Country Inn and Suites by Carlson. OH what a mistake. Looked ok upon check in, got to the room which was a one bedroom suite with a pull out sofa. Pull out sofa and furniture in living area was so shabby, and smelly and dirty looking, Bathroom appeared clean, but tile was coming off the wall and you could see gaping holes in the wall behind it in the bath, made one wonder what was going to crawl out of that hole. Drapes in bedroom were about a foot to long for the window and dragged on the carpet, not a good look and were worn and shabby. We returned to the front desk and the clerk informed us they were due for a remodel, I think a good cleaning would have been in order first. You can have shabby and be clean about it. Halls were so smelly and carpet dirty. The clerk offered us another room, we moved to the 2nd room and it was the same, would have found another hotel, but American Indian Pow Wow had all the rooms for miles booked up so we took our chances and stayed. Now for the pool area, UCK! really, trash everywhere, pool moldy and dirty again you can be shabby and need an upgrade but really you cant clean the areas! Reported all of this to the front desk got the same story about the remodel. Guess nothing gets cleaned until they remodel, would not suggest you stay at this location. Also be aware that it will take you forever to check out in the morning as the desk clerk serves as the breakfast refill person also, such as breakfast is. NOT A GOOD STOP.
Mr. Patel, the Hotel Manager called while we were gone and left a message on our answering machine asking us to call him, again I told the check out clerk that we would not be home until the 23rd of July so again NOBODY LISTENS. Am I surprised? NO Good luck with this hotel folks should you choose to stay with them. Yes, Mr. Patel I do think a full refund is in order for our stay as this place is not fit for my dog let alone a person. Sorry I tell them as I see them.

Room Tip: There are no rooms that are not noisey or clean
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank C0vertCritic
Astik P, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lumberton, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be at your service.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you had to encounter during your stay with us. I assure you that our goal is to meet or exceed the expectations of our valued guests like yourself, who put their faith and trust in us.

Due to our belief in 100% guest satisfaction, we called at the earliest opportunity and left message on the phone number provided by you along with your request to call you any time after June 23, as stated in your response. However, we sincerely apologize on any unintended error.

We certainly look forward to speaking with you, and therefore we will contact you again on the telephone number provided by you. Should you wish to contact me personally, please feel free to call directly at the hotel and you may ask to be transferred to manager's desk.

Once again, please accept our apologies, and we certainly look forward in welcoming you with new decor in guest rooms very soon.

The Team At Country Inn & Suites Of Lumberton, NC

Travelers are raving about these Lumberton hotels

Swanton, Vermont
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stopped off at the Country Inn and Suites on our way up I95 coming from FL to VT, it was a decent clean hotel right off 95, it was quite convenient and I didnt find the noise bad at all. The free breakfast was suffcient, on a busy morning though the seating area would be too small to accommodate everyone. The pool was adequate to hop in and cool off for a bit although it was quite small, but considering this was a quick stopping point it was fine. The Staff was friendly and helpful, including the security guard, who in my opinion made me feel safe that he was there, he was friendly enough that he didnt make me feel like a security guard was needed at the hotel, I was glad he was though, you never know when a threatning incident can occur! I would stop here agian when I drive to or from FL for sure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Your opinions and suggestions help us better understand needs and requirements of our valued guests, so we can meet or exceed the expectations of our guests.

We truly appreciate your remarkable observation with every detail, including the presence of security. We are glad to know that you have put in your faith in us and decided to be our guest again.

Please feel free to contact us directly at the hotel if we could be of any assistance to you and your family & friends in Lumberton, NC area. You may ask to be transferred directly to manager's desk, and I assure you that we will provide you with every detailed attention and service you deserve.

Mt.. Airy
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Recently, I stayed at the Country Inn & Suites in Lumberton, NC. This was a business trip with 3 other members of my company. All of us had a wonderful time while at the hotel! The hotel was very clean and the people were very accommodating to our needs. We were working late hours and after our first day, Valerie ( night clerk) and Gary ( security) made sure that we all had hot cookies and plenty of coffee upon returning to the hotel around 11:30 pm for the entire week we were there. The service was great and we all would like to recommend this hotel to anyone visiting on business or pleasure. Ann M.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking out time to share your experience with us.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and found the place to be clean and comfortable. Please feel free to contact us directly at the hotel if we could be of any assistance to you and your family & friends in Lumberton, NC. You may ask to be transferred directly to the manager's desk, and I assure you that I will personally stand at your service to make your future stay with us even more enjoyable and comfortable.

Once again, thank you for providing us with an opportunity to be at your service and making us the part of your family at Country Inns of Lumberton, NC.