“Works in Progress”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lumberton
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My travelling partner and I arrived just before10 PM with a reservation having been previously made by phone. We were offered a room on the 4th floor where hallways were under renovation but on the quiet side of the hotel. The beds were comfortable and we had enough towels for showers and hair washing. The refrigerator does not have a freezer spot so while we could keep our items cold we could not re-freeze our blue ice packs. Breakfast the next morning started @ 7 AM and offered fresh fruit, cereals, wrapped Danish and a belgium waffle maker with 2 hot dishes. The front desk attendant was friendly and it is convenient right off I95. It seemed relatively clean but we were there for less than 12 hours.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Astik P, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lumberton, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback, as it helps us better understand our guests' needs.

We have taken your comments / suggestions into serious consideration, and currently we are going through renovations in guest rooms as well as in public areas, to make your future stay wtih us as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.

Please feel free to call directly at the property if we could be of any assistance to you and your family & friends during your future visit/s through Lumberton, NC area. You may ask to be transferred directly to manager's desk, and I assure you that I and my team will personally stand at your service to cater your individual needs.

Once again, we thank you for making Country Inn & Suites of Lumberton, NC your home away from home.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We were on our way home from Florida and enjoyed our stay. What I particularly like are the King suite rooms. My husband likes to go to bed early, leaving me in the dark. At Country Inn and Suites you can close the door to the bedroom and not disturb the other person and yet stay up as late as you want. The front desk and staff, were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was adequate, this particular day there was no orange juice. On our travels to and from Florida, we stayed at three, CI&S and I would put this at # 2 in satisfaction...

Room Tip: Love the King Suite rooms
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lorraine A

Dear Valued Guest,

We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel, and we were able to meet your expectations.

Once again, thank you for making Country Inn & Suites of Lumberton, NC your home away from home.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I travel often, and all the time do I expect excellent customer service and need satisfaction. I expect a home away from home, not just a business only wanting my money. I've stayed at this hotel before, going home from Florida. I was not impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel and how run down it appeared. Honestly, they need to take notes from other Country inn and Suites around the states. Needs an upgrade to make guest feel at home. Besides that, the front desk and staff is very friendly, smiles and happy attitudes make me feel welcomed. Amber (I'm certain was her name) was very helpful and friendly, she went out of her way to make sure I felt at home and acted like it was more than just a job. I appreciated that. I went to dine at the Village Station, wonderful selections. Also, I recommend a better breakfast selection... Maybe strawberries and fruit to go with the waffles, meat, more favorable cereal, and fresh doughnuts would be wonderful!
Overall, the Country Inn and Suites was just another place to stay, nothing special worth feeling like vacation.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you had to face during your stay with us.

Once again, thank you for allowing us to make you a part of our family at Country Inns of Lumberton, NC.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I usually stay at the Country Inn in Florence SC, but on this trip back north I wanted to get a little further up the road before I slept so I could get back on the road and beat the Balto/Wash rush hour. Since I had some good luck with this chain I picked the Country Inn in Lumberton. On the plus side, it had easy access to 95, plenty of safe parking, friendly staff, close to dinning options.
On the minus side, though the entrance and lobby areas look very clean and well kept, but as you round the corner to get to the elevator you begin to notice that the property is becoming a bit run down and does not seem as well maintained as the Florence property. The elevator with its stained carpets seemed to be straining. My room, I was given a "handicap equipped" room (I am neither handicapped nor did I request it) with a large king size bed. The room faced I-95, and was very noisy. The bathroom was huge, but everything seemed in disrepair (the sink counter, toilet paper holder, & towel rack were all hanging away from the wall). The floor had very noticeable soap streaks giving it a not so clean appearance though all the fixtures (sink, tub, & toilet) were all spotless. The carpet in the bedroom looks worn and was to say the least, up for a good steam clean (this room was a "No bare foot zone"). The walls are also in need of some paint, they had noticeable scrapes in a few places. The bed had spotlessly clean sheets & was extremely comfortable. Free wi-fi in the room was a bit annoying because you have to watch ads before you can get on line. I did like that they have express check out. They do offer the basic comp breakfast in the morning as well as coffee any time. I only tasted the coffee, filling my travel mug before getting on the road, it was a very tasty cup of coffee. All in all it wasn't bad and is a good value ($86), but I may choose a different place next trip.

Room Tip: My odd numbered room faced 95, it was very loud. Try to request an even numbered room, it may help.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank skippy60

Dear Valued Guest,

Once again, thank you for allowing us to be a part of your family.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Each and every employee was anxious to make our stay an enjoyable experience. The rooms were clean, updated, and spacious. We would definitely use this chain again, and if we are back in the area while commuting back and forth between the N/E and FL, we would make Lumberton a stopping point.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to make Country Inn & Suites of Lumberton, NC your home away from home, and we truly appreciate your time and effort in providing the feedback of your stay with us.

We are glad to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel, and our team was able to meet your expectations.

We would certainly love to be at your service again, and you have my word that I along with my team will put in our sincere efforts to meet or exceed your expectations during your each stay with us at Country Inn & Suites of Lumberton, NC.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We had just finished our vacation in Orlando. We were passing by and needed a night to spend in a hotel. We checked in on January 13, 2013. When we checked in there was someone ahead of us. So they have 2 computers but only one works. The other one is slow according to the front desk Brittany. We had to wait till they were done with the person ahead of us. The bed that I got was very uncomfortable. I couldn't sleep all night long. I was itching all over my body. Over all it is not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in Jan 2013, excellent value. Front desk pleasant & accommodating; beds terrific, firm w/soft down bedding; shower strong & hot; flat screen tv w/lots of channels; heat & AC worked; good breakfast variety with REAL silverware and plates - not plastic, & 3 kinds of coffee; & everything was clean! Would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013
Astik P, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lumberton, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking out your valuable time to share your experience with us.

We feel blessed after learning that we were able to serve you and your family per your expectations.

It matters the most to us when our guests like yourself give us the opportunity to make you a part of our family at Country Inns in Lumberton, NC.

It is our commitment and promise to you that we will put in our sincere efforts to keep up with quality of cleanliness, standards of amenities and our personalized service during your each visit to Country Inns in Lumberton, NC.

We are grateful and thankful to you for allowing us to make you a part of our family at your home away from home.

Please feel free to call us directly if we could be of any assistance to you and your family & friends during your visit/s to Lumberton, NC area. You may ask to be transferred directly to manager's desk, and I assure you that I will personally stand along with our team, to be at your service.

Highest Regards From Our Family To Yours.

The Team At Country Inns Of Lumberton, NC.