“Adequate for overnight stay.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lumberton
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Stopped here for a quick overnight stay. Service was friendly. Rooms were clean. Great value. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank TravelingHokie83

Reviewed September 24, 2011

Found the rug in the room to be dirty. The smell of disenfectant was overpowering and the sink in the bathroom was cloged.
As others have reported this property seems to be run down and does not compare to other Country Inn properties we have stayed at. Did not meet our expectations for the price paid. We would not stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Gary C
Reviewed September 19, 2011

My wife and I stayed for 3 nights. The non-smoking room was clean with no odd smells. This is obviously a newer property and fairly well maintained. I liked that in addition to lamps with plugs in the bases, the wall plugs were above the desktop giving easy access for our phone and Nook chargers. The 3-way light on the bed lamp actually did the 3-way thing. The bed was fairly comfortable -- typical of this level of hotel. We had plenty of pillows, but they easily flattened. The included breakfast was better than expected. In addition to the usual fair of pastries, yogurt and waffles, they had scrambled egg patties and biscuits/gravy. The gravy was actually quite good. The staff displayed an easy southern friendliness, and at check-in they honored our discount coupons without any hassle. We did not have reservations, and they were fairly full (Sat. first night), but they got us in. The rooms include a microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker which we didn't use. The AC is digital and was already on when we arrived, so the room was pre-cooled. The AC noise level was moderate; typical of newer under-the-window units. The curtains are the black-out type, so when closed in the day, the room was dark. Overall we were well pleased and will return.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We stopped at the Country Inn & Suites as a stop over on a drive home from FLA. On entry of the room I noticed the stains on the couch, after reading the previous review, I was shocked to see the stains on the couch were still there after being brought to the attention of the hotel. It was the same exact room (all by itself) next to the laundry room. I did not and would not let my child sit on this couch nor would we use it as the sleeper. Who would??

Room Tip: good area to stop in disapointed in the dirty stains on the couch.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Have been using Country Inns for on the road stops for a few years now and have been satisfied. This year on our way to Hilton Head we broke the drive at Lumberton and stayed for the first time at this hotel.
The young (college age) man behind the desk had a denim shirt on, opened half way down, denim jeans half way down and did not present a good "first impression". The room was old, needed work. The breakfast was awful. Smallest area I ever saw, people waiting all around the lobby to get something, no fruit, juice containers empty or close to being empty, just not an appetizing scene in general. No one at the front desk the whole time we waited in the lobby or in the breakfast room. Never again at this place.

Room Tip: Pick up the coupon books for cheaper hotel rates. They're in welcome centers and gas stations!!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 25, 2011

My family and I stayed on Friday night. The only reason we decided to stay was because it was late and we were just tired and exhausted. The furniture was old. The couch had stain and the chair was just plain old. The bed and pillow was so uncomfortable. It was also loud because the room we had was right next to the laundry room. My young kids ages 4 & 5 even noticed the stained on the couch and did not want to sit on it. My husband refused to sleep on the sofa bed. We were extremely disappointed because we had stayed in a Country Inn and Suite in South Carolina and it was very nicely furnished and very well kept.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2011

Lumberton is my hometown, but because my family has multiplied, and I enjoy my privacy, I decided to check into Country Inns and Suites. Growing up in the area, I know what most hotels are about, and since Im a fan of Carlson hotels, and it was on a nice strip, I chanced it. The outside looked pretty descent. I walked in, paid for the room and left. After attending my family function, my girlfriend and I headed back to the room. We pulled the covers back, and here the saga begins..to my surprise there were freaking bugs on top of the sheets and the pillows. Im not sure if they were spiders or what, but clearly I wasnt waitinig around to see. I called the front desk and told them my problem, with no apologies, the attendant said, I can upgrade you to a suite free of charge...UMMMM NO, but what you can do is give me my money back. He agreed, and said, I will give you your money back. So after the 2 hour drive there, and my family festivities, I was sooo annoyed with the hotel, that I ended up driving back home, tired, the same night. Thats not it, in reviewing my bank account, the price they told me was 65, they charged me 83.00 and told me it would take 7 to 14 business days before my money would be refunded to me. What a WASTE...i will NEVER in life stay at this dump of a hotel again!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple