Comfort Inn Lumberton
$116
Hampton.com
$76
Agoda.com
All reviewsbreakfast hostessroom was cleannext morningthe breakfast areafree breakfastback homestay there againwafflestraveling southgreat stopnew yorkstaff was friendlynight's sleepdesk clerkeasy accesshalfway pointone night stay
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My husband and I were passing through late at night and needed a one night stay. We went off TripAdvisor reviews and we're glad we did.

The beds were comfortable, the bathroom was spotless and appeared to have recently been renovated, the A/C unit worked, the hotel was quiet and there was breakfast in the morning. And I usually don't put too much weight on friendliness of the staff, but wow, the housekeeping staff was extraordinarily nice! If I'm passing through on I 95 again, I will definitely stay there.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank cm4delta
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We usually drive down south once a year to see family and the "popular" half-way point to stop overnight is Fayetteville, NC. But we found if you go just a little bit further to Lumberton the rates drop and it's not so busy/noisy. We stayed at this location on the way down and on the way back north and had good experiences. Both check-ins were friendly, quick and efficient. We stayed in Room 313 first and it was very clean. Since we have concerns about bedbugs, we were happy to see a fully zippered mattress protector on one bed but wished there was another on the other double instead of just a mattress pad. My mattress was a bit too firm but was very glad to see 2 pillows per person on each bed (we usually have to call for extras). The flatscreen TV was a nice update but would've liked to seen it mounted on the wall so we could have extra table top space. AC unit worked well. Bathroom was clean and had a modern, granite sink top and tiled floor. Only wish they would put enough towels for a room that accomodates four people instead of only enough towels for three. Was basically satisfied with room except for some cobwebs in the corners of the windows. The lobby was very nice. Breakfast items could be of better quality: microwaved egg circles, biscuits with lumpy gravy, regular coffee was too strong and decaf coffee was not hot. Would suggest a second waffle maker so guests do not have to wait in a line. Our stay on the way back gave us room 113 and that mattress was more comfortable but no zippered protector on it - both had pads only. Did have those coveted extra pillows on the bed so no need to ask for them. The door to the room looked like it had been broken into due to the chipped wood and I notified the front desk of it. Would also suggest moving the hot cereal display above the cold cereal dispensers to give guests more counter space. All in all this hotel was a great value and location for our I-95 drive.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2012

staff was poor, manager would not return many calls. They charged my credit card $ 150.00 over the 95.00 room rate ,because the licensed service dog with a letter from the doctor,in the check in person's opinion was not a service dog. When I booked the reservation I told them we had a service dog. After we left and I paid our bill they charged an additional $150.00 to my credit card without telling me. There were fire ants everywhere and I stepped on one with sandels on. My foot was on fire and i felt ill. I am 76 and my husband is 80. I had to write countless letters and contact the ADA, to get the $150.00 off my bill.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mkb468
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We were on a trip and wanted to stop half way, so stopped at the nc welcome center and asked about hotels. They had coupons for Lumbertn area hotels. We decided on Comfort Inn and were were very happy with our stay there. Room was xlean and beds were comfprtable. Complimentary breakfast was very good with hot and cold food. The lady that kept the breakfast area clean and stocked was very sweet and personable. The only bad thing was the green pool. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed overnight after a visit to the outlets in Smithfield and to buy fireworks the next day across the border in SC. I was leary when we got there since it was so close to I-95 but they gave us a room far away from it so it was no problem. I'm a light sleeper but I didn't hear a thing. The room was clean and up to date. The staff was very nice and accomidating. The only thing I didn't care for was the pool. It didn't look very inviting and there were quite a few blue collar workers as hotel guests that were hanging out near the entrance so we didn't get in. Nothing against the workers just didn't want an audience while we were in the pool. Overall, a good nights stay...

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper like me, request a room farthest from the freeway...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family