“WOW! This place is brand new and for now, great!!”

Comfort Inn Lumberton
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton
Reviewed January 20, 2012

If you detected some weirdness in that statement, you are observant. The reason is that this hotel replaced one of the very grossest, most disgusting motels which I have ever stayed in! That was the old Lumberton Comfort Inn. After an absolutely horrible stay at the old one (of which I will omit details, but trust me, the worst ever), not to mention an email to corporate which generated a form response, which was pretty insensitive, as well as an email from the owner or manager of the motel which if you can imagine this, it was in broken English and offered very little apology, I swore off Comfort Inns forever. This was about 4 years ago

Then, a few months ago I was making my I-95 jaunt and decided to bed down in Lumberton, as I had gotten off to a late start. I saw the brand new hotel and decided to soften my vow.

As they say, never defend your position so far that you can't retreat!

I'm glad I did. This is brand new, clean, comfortable with actually very nice people working there. The room was generous, the bed was very comfortable and the linens/towels were a bit better than your normal commuter hotel. It was relatively quiet and I got a great night's sleep! . Do not mistake this hotel for the old one!! The complimentary breakfast was okay, I recall there was actually some protein available! If this is your first sojourn south, I recommend that you just skip the hotel breakfast and head over to one of the many Waffle House restaurants which dot the southern landscape.

The hotel has a pool, exercise equipment, I believe it has billiards also..

My only hope for this lovely place is that there are different owners than the old one and they don't drag it into the ground and make it into a fleabag, like the old Comfort Inn. I'm sure that I will be stopping by again,

Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank _RichieT_Pa_Fla

Reviewed January 12, 2012

We stayed here on the way to Forida. Room was very clean, beds were comfortable, and they have a complimentary breakfast. The wi-fi wasn't working right and after calli g the front desk, the corrected the matter. There are several restaurants near by. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: This hotel is right off I95 so we were concerned about the highway noise, but the rooms were quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lioness2001
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Right off the highway, even though google maps it further back. Friendly staff, clean rooms, solid breakfast. Had a slight problem with our room - no stopper for the tub - and we're given use of adjacent room to give kids a bath. They went above and beyond. Exceptional service

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed December 31, 2011

We stumbled on this hotel because we foolishly didn't think ahead when driving up I-95 during the holidays. Called ahead late at night and received a great rate and warm response. Check in was quick and easy. Room was clean and bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was good with very attentive staff - made sure to replenish breakfast items especially hot biscuits and fresh coffee! Would stay here again - great value for the price.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank gpsgirl
Reviewed December 27, 2011

We have stopped everywhere on our twice annual Md to FL visits and this is the best we have found. Best value, very clean and comfortable beds. The breakfast is better than most continentals. We will stay here every year.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed November 9, 2011

This motel was located just right for a stopping point between Jacksonville, FL and Washington, DC. I stayed one night on two different days four days apart. There are five floors with a roomy elevator a short distance down the corridor from the reception desk. There were several good quality rolling carts to take things in and out.

The rooms were spacious and comfortable. The bed had a number of square pillows which for me one was not quite enough and two were a little too high, but a minor complaint. The bathroom was clean and bright and had a new one-piece molded tub/shower combination.

On my second stay there was no office chair at the computer desk as there was in the first room. I reported this to the desk and the clerk just brushed off the problem. I had to move the upholstered chair to the desk to be able to sit there.

The internet wireless signal was excellent and required no complicated signon. However, the free internet provider had EXTREMELY ANNOYING popups that continually appeared at the bottom of the screen and could not be eliminated. If one was closed another almost immediately appeared. It almost looked like I had been hijacked with adware, but the problem did not continue after I left the motel so it was just coming from Ovation, the local provider.

The continental breakfast was average.

There is a K-Mart and Food Lion grocery just a short distance from the motel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank chuck2053
Reviewed November 3, 2011

This was a good stay at a newer Comfort Inn. Great location - easy access to I-95 with a nice variety of restaurants close by. Clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2011