“My Favorite Hotel”

and 1 more site!
Atkinson Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton
Reviewed June 11, 2009

When I first stayed @ Atkinson's, I was very impressed with everything, the hotel itself, the comfort & style of the room, the quality, and the excellent staff, and from that I came back again & again, thats why Atkinson Inn & Suites is My favorite hotel. If you want 5 star quality @ an affordable rate, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND ATKINSON INN & SUITES.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed June 6, 2009

This hotel is great! It is my favorite place to go if i'm going to stay in a hotel. If you stay once you will stay again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2009

I was in town for Lumbee Powwow. I came here based on the Trip Advisor reviews and it was so much more than I expected! At first glance, it appears to be just another small motel on the roadside. Once you step through the door it's a Royal experience! I've traveled extensively and I've never stayed at an establishment that provided such quality for such a reasonable price. The rooms are large, very clean (I'm extremely picky), the bed and linnens are designer quality,beautiful bathroom. The colors are warm and inviting and makes you feel like your on vacation even if you're not! It was also quiet and close to everything.
This establishment is family owned and operated. Each staff member was very accommodating not only to me but to other clients as well. They carefully tend to your needs and treat you like (better than) family!! They will definitely see me again!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed April 30, 2009

We were pleasantly surprised with how clean and fashionable our rooms were. The staff was helpful and courteous. It was a great place to stay and I would highly recommend it to anyone staying in the Lumberton area

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2009

We really needed a place to stay as we had to put our van in the shop. I thought it would not be good because it was not a chain motel. It also does not have a pool. Boy was I wrong! We will plan to stay here again! Because of the traffic pattern it can be a little hard to get to.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 21, 2009

I was traveling with my 12-year old daughter and our two dogs to visit my parents in Florida and spent the night at Atkinson's. The fee for pets is not small as previously reported: it's $20 per dog and I was admonished by the rude desk clerk twice to not let them make messes in the room. Despite having a reservation for the room in which I disclosed that I would be arriving with my daughter and dogs, the check-in took a long time and the clerk was not aware that I had the dogs with me.
He then placed us in a room next to one where a prostitute had set up shop. Men came and went in that room all night and the racket kept us awake. When I complained, the clerk told me he had no other room in which to put me.
When I checked out the next morning at 7 am, the clerk was just waking up and had no coffee made.
Only stay here if you're interested in prostitution and/or not getting any sleep (despite the cleanliness and comfort of the rooms themselves).

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank jlwbook
Reviewed December 11, 2008

My fiancé and I spent 3 days and 2 nights at the Atkinson Inn & Suites in Lumberton, NC! We got the standard room with a king bed! All I can say is WOW! Our rate was $66.50 plus a small fee for our dog Romeo. The service was great and the room was very clean and neat. There are plenty of places to eat near by and there is a convenience store next door to the hotel which just happens to share the same name. Great place, great room and great service, ask for Jim the manager!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)