“Amazingly nice and clean”

Atkinson Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton
Reviewed August 2, 2014

My fiancé and I stopped here around 10:30 at night after we had a horrible experience at another hotel (drove 11 hours from PA to Myrtle to find, and immediately check out of, a disgusting hotel and then having to drive two emotional hours back to NC) and we easily found an employee who was very helpful and pleasant. We stopped to get gas and take a break from driving, and after being told that he talked to the girl and got us a room, my initial thought was “What in the world did he get us into now? A hotel/motel in a gas station parking lot off of a major interstate,” but I couldn’t be any more wrong! This place definitely surpassed my expectations and I was so relieved to see the room in such good condition. It was very clean, neat, and way better than anything I could have imagined. The room and bathroom were both spacey and spotless, and there was even a refrigerator, microwave, and closet. Best of all, the room was immaculately clean, which earned huge points for us since we are germophobes; it was so clean that we weren’t even hesitant to use the pillows and towels (which always makes us weird.) The young girl who helped us, Kasha, was seriously a life saver. She was so nice and helpful and I couldn’t have expected anything better. She assured us that their rooms were clean, even telling us that her mom washes all of the linens, which made me feel extremely better after our previous experience. I can’t say enough positive things about this hotel. If it wasn’t for Kasha and the Atkinson hotel, we probably would have slept in the car. This was just what we needed after the night that we had. The hotel was a godsent, I will definitely recommend this hotel and keep it in mind next time we need to stop.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank KateR1022
atkinsoninn, Owner at Atkinson Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Hi!

We would like to thank you so much for sharing your experience and feedback! We are glad that you didn't have to end up sleeping in a car on a hot summer night! Hope to see you soon and once again, we appreciate your business with us.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Located right off I-95 it was a great destination to stop for the night on our way to Myrtle Beach from Pennsylvania. Room was very clean. Beds were quite comfortable and they even had HBO. There was a gas station/convenience store right beside. The owners' daughter Keisha was working the desk when we arrived. Very friendly and knowledgeable. Had an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Kucks1963
atkinsoninn, Manager at Atkinson Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2014

Thank you for taking the time for putting a review up and letting others know how great your experience with us was. We appreciate your business and it was a pleasure to assist you. We look forward in seeing you again.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We were greeted by two young women who were very knowledgeable and friendly. The family that owns the hotel treated us like extended family the entire stay. We were there for a baseball tournament and they did everything to make our stay pleasant. I was surprised that the rooms had been upgraded with granite counter tops. The beds were pillow top and soft. I would suggest this hotel to anyone and would definately stay there again.

Room Tip: There is not a pool at this motel. All rooms open outside. We stayed upstairs and did not have any p...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

The young lady and her mom are really sweet. They greeted me when I came and they made sure I felt at home by asking if I need anythig just call them. The rooms were really nice and clean! The price for my stay for two day were reasonable and I will definitely stay again and suggest this hotel to anyone to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Aarti P
Reviewed June 22, 2014

This is a family run motel. In a city where the hotel prices can be very low or very high, they are right in the middle, so a good value. We had been on a trip to the north and stayed in many hotels, including national chains that cost more than a hundred dollars a night. Nobody's beds were more comfortable than this small motel. It was conveniently right off the highway, easy on and easy off. We'll stay there again next time through.

Room Tip: This isn't a very big place, and offer both smoking and non-smoking rooms. Make your reservatio...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
atkinsoninn, Owner at Atkinson Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your stay with us and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

I had the misfortune of having my car break down while driving from Florida to NY at around midnight on a Saturday night. A state trooper told me there won't be a mechanic around until Monday so I figured I'd stay anywhere cheap. I headed to the comfort inn, my credit card got declined due to suspicious activity so while I was trying to call my bank the guy told me to get off his parking in five minutes or he'd call the cops. I limped my car back to Atkinson inn and tried my card there. Long story short I got cash out of the ATM, got a great night's sleep, hot shower in the morning. The room was clean and comfortable. The owners were extremely helpful and attentive. They were genuinely worried about me and tried to help and accommodate any way they could. They even drove me to the bus station. The gas station and convenience store are a few steps away so if you need to pick something up it's 24/7. Nice, safe, clean place with great management.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Roman K
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I've stayed at this motel twice now and each time the staff are very friendly and the room is clean and comfortable. The beds sleep like a dream. I would recommend this motel as other further up 95 are not as nice.

• Stayed: June 2014