Southern Inn Lumberton
Fairfield Inn Lumberton(Lumberton)
Lumberton Inn(Lumberton)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsbed was comfortableexcellent priceroad tripmini fridgenon smokingcoffee makerstay there againfree wififloridasleepdogchaintvpetbrandexit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

As a business traveler who usually stays in a hotel a minimum of 2 nights a week, this is great find. We have tried several hotels in the area but this is our favorite. Located within walking distance of several restaurants. Rooms are clean, bed good, furnishings clean and safe. Truck parking available. Price reasonable!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank hotshoter
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I really can't review this hotel's rooms, etc., since I didn't get to stay there.

Booked a King NON-smoking room on Priceline, however when arrived at the hotel, the only availability was a smoking king, or 2 twins non-smoking. The clerk was difficult to understand and really didn't offer any help, other than letting me sniff the smoking room (it stank) to see if I wanted to take it.

We chose to cancel the reservation, but she wouldn't (couldn't) do anything about the refund, and we went elsewhere. Called Priceline later and they were great in confirming the situation with the hotel while I was on the phone with them, cancelled the reservation and e-mailed that it was cancelled at no charge.

We went down the street to the Atkinson Inn and had a clean, comfortable, non-smelly room.

Room Tip: If you book online, you better call the hotel to confirm they have the room you want
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Richard B
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I recently spent one night at the Southern Inn in Lumberton, NC. Not only was my room clean, comfortable and quiet, the price was a bargain----especially considering I was able to use a discount coupon and make a reservation several days before my arrival. As others have mentioned in their reviews, the motel isn't fancy, nor does it offer many frills. Even so, for my needs, I found it to be more than adequate and I'll definitely consider staying there again the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank chs1965
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Arrived in Lumberton at 10:30 pm. Had not expected to stay overnight in this area, so had no hotel scoped out. Drove around several chain hotels in the area, most of which were surrounded by groups of people loitering, trash, and chain link fences in bad repair. The few that appeared habitable from the outside were priced very high. After checking out the reviews on this site, I ended up staying at this older, private motel. Yes, it is older, but it was cleaner than many expensive hotels I have stayed in. The bed had a fairly new mattress, the shower curtain was brand new, linens were also soft (not the usual starched white). It had a microfridge and hairdryer. The manager on site was very courteous and friendly. I did not see anybody loitering. One other point: it was quiet. This hotel was built solid. Although there were lights on in the rooms on either side and above me, I heard nothing. If traveling through Lumberton again, I would probably try to avoid the town altogether, since it is nothing but a highway truck stop. However, the hotel was good, and I would return.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Lesli O
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This family run hotel provided everything I could ask for. Everything was clean, and in working order. The bed was comfortable, and the room spacious. It was close to the interstate and easy to find. I accidentally paid twice because the booking site had already charged me - the owner/manager immediately discovered the error and put it right before I even realized.

The reason for a lower rating on sleep quality was purely because of other guests sitting outside the rooms talking loudly well after midnight. Whilst this was not the fault of the hotel, the noise traveled through the walls and door for several hours. Apart from that, there was virtually no traffic noise.

This is not a luxury hotel, but I could not have asked for more, (and have paid more for less at other establishments). I love to support a well-run, family business, and give credit where due.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business