“Great BBQ - vinegar based”

Smithfield's Chicken 'N Bar-B-Q
Ranked #3 of 99 Restaurants in Lumberton
Cuisines: Barbecue
Newberry, South Carolina
“Great BBQ - vinegar based”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Tea, Hushpuppies, BBQ, Fried Chicken, Service, always good here.

Visited November 2011

Milford, Delaware
“If you like BBQ you have to try this gem of the South”
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I looked up best BBQ in North Carolina on my iPhone when my husband and I were coming home from Florida. What I found surprised me. It was an article on a survey that was conducted and the result was that this place beat out the competition. You have to try it to believe it. The service was all southern hospitality at its best, especially for being fast food.

USA
“Clean Restaurant”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

The management here keeps the restaurant clean and service is usually quick at the counter. The Brunswick stew is superior and order sometimes to take home for supper. Pretty much the average barbecue fare.

PA & FLA
“This is one of my favorite lunch-dinner stops on my frequent jaunts between north and south on I-95.”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

First off, its a very clean place to eat. Typical North Carolina style BBQ, pulled pork, not smoked at all with a vinegar sauce. It is good, but many not in the know seem to figure on smoked style, that does not happen. You can ask for a sweet sauce and that is good, if the vinegar based doesn't do it for you. Really good Brunswick Stew and baked beans as well. They have all types of take-out, from an individual item to a whole catering kit.

You place your order and when it is ready, they bring it to you! All drinks are the endless type and when you need a refill, usually someone comes around with a pitcher of soda or their wonderful sweet tea. If you like hush puppies, they got 'em and the slaw is good, as well. The other specialty is chicken, I am embarrassed to say that I have never had it, but a lot of people seem to really like it, as I always see lots of people enjoying it!

One thing that I have also noticed is that the personnel are always quite polite and very helpful. This is a nice break for me, as when I stop there, I have already driven for 6-8 hours and could use some kindness. Not to mention a good meal....

Visited January 2012
1 Thank _RichieT_Pa_Fla
Lumberton, North Carolina
“Ok for fast food BBQ”
Reviewed October 20, 2011

This place is located exit 22 off I-95. It is next to a Shell station and Friendlys. Knowing that this is fast food BBQ, you will not be surprised when you eat there (they also have fried chicken). I am not a big fan of their sandwiches since I always feel like crap after eating them. Not sure if it is something they use or the quality of meat they use. They do give a lot of food, but I would rather get quality over quantity. Given that there is not another BBQ sandwich place in Lumberton, if you want to have one, this would be the place for you. On a side note, Golden Corral has BBQ on its bar which tastes just like Smithfield's does. Not sure if it is the same product or not. Despite my review, many people like eating here. I am not sure if they have had real pit cooked BBQ or not. If they had, they might feel different about this place.

• Visited August 2011