“Clean Restaurant”

Cuisines: Barbecue
USA
“Clean Restaurant”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

The management here keeps the restaurant clean and service is usually quick at the counter. The Brunswick stew is superior and order sometimes to take home for supper. Pretty much the average barbecue fare.

PA & FLA
“This is one of my favorite lunch-dinner stops on my frequent jaunts between north and south on I-95.”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

First off, its a very clean place to eat. Typical North Carolina style BBQ, pulled pork, not smoked at all with a vinegar sauce. It is good, but many not in the know seem to figure on smoked style, that does not happen. You can ask for a sweet sauce and that is good, if the vinegar based doesn't do it for you. Really good Brunswick Stew and baked beans as well. They have all types of take-out, from an individual item to a whole catering kit.

You place your order and when it is ready, they bring it to you! All drinks are the endless type and when you need a refill, usually someone comes around with a pitcher of soda or their wonderful sweet tea. If you like hush puppies, they got 'em and the slaw is good, as well. The other specialty is chicken, I am embarrassed to say that I have never had it, but a lot of people seem to really like it, as I always see lots of people enjoying it!

One thing that I have also noticed is that the personnel are always quite polite and very helpful. This is a nice break for me, as when I stop there, I have already driven for 6-8 hours and could use some kindness. Not to mention a good meal....

Visited January 2012
1 Thank _RichieT_Pa_Fla
Lumberton, North Carolina
“Ok for fast food BBQ”
Reviewed October 20, 2011

This place is located exit 22 off I-95. It is next to a Shell station and Friendlys. Knowing that this is fast food BBQ, you will not be surprised when you eat there (they also have fried chicken). I am not a big fan of their sandwiches since I always feel like crap after eating them. Not sure if it is something they use or the quality of meat they use. They do give a lot of food, but I would rather get quality over quantity. Given that there is not another BBQ sandwich place in Lumberton, if you want to have one, this would be the place for you. On a side note, Golden Corral has BBQ on its bar which tastes just like Smithfield's does. Not sure if it is the same product or not. Despite my review, many people like eating here. I am not sure if they have had real pit cooked BBQ or not. If they had, they might feel different about this place.

• Visited August 2011
Florida
“Great Pulled Pork Sandwiches”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

As many times that I've been to Lumberton, we have never eaten here. We decided to try it and were very pleasantly surprised. Loved the food! It was delicious!! Would def recommend and go there again.

• Visited August 2011
Charleston, South Carolina
“I Always Stop Here”
Reviewed November 18, 2010

This is my favorite stop for lunch along I-95 (Exit 22). I try to time my trip so I am in Lumberton at lunch time. The BBQ pork sandwiches piled high with meat and topped with cole slaw are devine!

I have never had the fried chicken but some of the locals at the next table told me they eat there once a week and always get the chicken. It is fast food with a drive in but the staff is very friendly and helpful. They have some of their sauce and breading for sale but I have not tried it. The menu inside includes some fish and seafood items.