“Updated Rooms”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Owners have done a good job of updating an older hotel. The lobby is very nice, clean, and modern. The lady behind the desk was very nice and was great to be checked in by someone who actually cared. The hallways have new carpet but the walls show some age. Other than an older bath tub area the room itself was in great shape. Even though the tub was older, it was very, very clean so I had no issues. The bathroom did have a new granite counter, new sink, and new mirror. The bed was comfortable and had new bedding and all new furniture in the room so it was a great stay at a reasonable price point. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We have stayed at many Comfort hotels over the years. This one is one of the very best! It was a summer weekend and there were almost no rooms available in Lumberton. We had not stayed at this property before but felt fortunate to get a reservation.

We were warmly greeted by Ursula at the front desk, friendly and efficient. She had everything ready for us upon arrival. She even gave us a coupon for the steakhouse next door.

The room was super clean and comfortable. 2 kinds of pillows; soft and firm. We always check the bathroom very carefully and could find absolutely nothing amiss. The room air conditioner was quiet and efficient. What a pleasure!

The breakfast was standard but what more do you need when you're on the road? The bold coffee was both bold and hot. Again, a pleasure.

We will definitely stay there again in the future on our trips up and down I-95. Thank you Comfort Suites!!

Room Tip: Book early and communicate.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2014

As promised in my earlier review, I returned. Once again, Ursula was the one who checked me in. If all roads led to Ursula checking me in, I would be forever happy in my travels. Customer service can be trained, but it takes a person with a real passion for helping people to be this good at it.

Revisiting my previous comments in light of sitting in this hotel again, I see that I was pretty accurate. This time my HVAC unit was less noisy. The mattress looked brand new, as did the mattress pad. The sheets are perfectly clean and smell fresh. Again the great choice of pillows.

Bathroom again clean with an adequate supply of towels Walls again smudged and scuffed and the couch is the same.

However, I’m bumping my rating up a notch because, let’s face it, a clean, comfortable bed, a clean, well-stocked bathroom, a refrigerator and microwave, free and fast WiFi, a nice television, and a nicely stocked armoire are all you need in a room. For these prices I should not be expecting a perfect room, just a room perfect for spending a night or two on the road. If I want perfect walls and a better HVAC, pay $150 a night right?

The breakfast area was jammed when we went and, eager to hit the road, we didn’t stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2014

We were taking a drive from Northern Virginia to Fla and needed a break from the drive. Did not have reservations but did a quick look up on Trip Advisor and this hotel was almost right in front of us when we pulled off the road. Very clean and nice room. Nothing fancy but perfect for a stop. Would definitely stay here again. Decent breakfast in morning. If you are looking for a place to eat DON'T GO to Fuller's. Greasy and dreadful - everything tasted the same. Other then that the quick stay was perfect.

Room Tip: As I said before don't go to Fullers. We had hoped it would be good after ready about it on Yel...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank mjj2red
Reviewed May 28, 2014

It was a nice room. The hotel was clean and updated. They provided a well stocked breakfast bar with a good selection of hot and cold foods. The desk personnel were very friendly and helpful when the modified my reservation for me.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Boilrmkr
Reviewed May 18, 2014

I have been staying at this property while working in Lumberton. Rooms are clean and spacious with a very comfortable bed, wide screen TV, sofa, and plenty of outlets for plugging in devices. Complimentary breakfast includes eggs, sausages, waffles, yogurt, fresh fruit, juice, cereals, breads and pastries. The coffee here is good too! The free WIFI works and the front desk employees are always nice and helpful. I highly recommend this property, especially if staying for an extended period in Lumberton.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Iceman749
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Like many other folks, stayed here on the way back from Florida. Easy to get to, nice bright lobby, friendly staff. room was clean, roomy and comfortable for my family of 4. bathroom very clean and roomy. refrigerator and microwave in room. Looks to have had some major remodeling in the past few years. great price. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family