“Good value and location”

Fairfield Inn Lumberton
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton
Skillman, New Jersey
“Good value and location”
Reviewed November 15, 2009

Halfway on the NY/Phila route to FL. This is a good place to stay. Rooms are clean and the free breakfast is what is needed. The staff was friendly and helpful. BTW, we were looking for a non-chain restaurant and they recommended "Two Guys Grill". We also highly recommend this as a casual restaurant with a pleasing menu at reasonable prices.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
silver spring,md
Reviewed October 1, 2009

This hotel is a good place to stay. We were on our way to Myrtle Beach and needed a place to stay. The staff is excellent and a really nice breakfast in the morning. I had asked for foam pillows and when we arrived they were there waiting. Hotel was clean and nice size room. Also there are several good restautens you can walk to.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
marietta, ga
Reviewed September 13, 2009

The food at breakfast was amazing. You had an unusually wide variety of choices from freshly made waffles to sausage biscuits to boiled eggs and yogurt and the usual hotel fair. The staff was so helpful and friendly. I asked for a refrigerator and got a free one in my room. The staff made me feel right at home. No one blinked an eye when I laid out peas from "curb market " on newspapers to dry and take back to Georgia. The rooms were clean and large. There was a computer in the lobby you could use and fresh baked cookies were in the lobby in the afternoon. There was a view of a corn field out my window and there was a Cracker Barrel on the other side of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Bridgewater, NJ
Reviewed September 9, 2009

We stayed one night on our way to Florida. Easy on & off I-95. Check-in was quick, 2 rooms were clean & beds were really comfortable. Complimentary continental breakfast was good & saved us time & $$ in the morning. Overall, a good stay for the money. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
maryland
Reviewed June 30, 2009

Overall, the service was good not great. The room was clean and tastefully decorated. The beds were very comfortable and I didn't wake up with a sore neck or back as compared to where we stayed at one of the Disney Resorts. My wife and kids slept soundly! Because of their high standards, I would expect this at all of Mariott's hotel lines. I felt that there could've been a better way to cover the windows for more privacy as there was just one thin white window cover.
I would've given the room a better rating had it not been for the bathroom having mildew. I realize mildew has to grow and thrive, but not in hotel bathrooms! It was located on the grout around one of the two soap dishes in the shower stall. Also, there was an accumulation of dust in the vent located at the top near the ceiling. It looked as if it had not been cleaned/dusted in a while. The breakfast bar had decent variety but it was just average, not good but not bad either. Everything was fresh.
The location was kind of strange. It was at the end of a commercial strip where the other side of the hotel bordered a cornfield! Yee Haw! I went back down to our van to grab something and noticed a white Cadillac with dark tinted windows and no front plate cruising around the parking lot slowly as if the occupants were casing cars out (some people were on their way back home from Disney and had souvenirs). It parked nearby our van front end out. Maybe my "spider sense" was getting the best of me but it sure didn't look or feel right. Look, they may have been waiting for an employee to get off of work or something but nevertheless, I told the front desk clerk about it. He said they didn't have security there. Only local cops patrolling the property randomly. The clerk said he'd check it out. Gee, that made me feel much better. The parking spaces were ridiculously small and they seemed to be made for compact cars. It's tough to park at a convenient space when you have a minivan, suv, or pickup. In fact, a few folks parked out back sideways taking a few spaces. I didn't blame them a bit given the sorry design of allotted spaces.
As far as the night desk clerk, well let me tell you he had no personality. He was kind of aloof, not very friendly and didn't seem to have any interpersonal skills. I asked him for an extra towel and he seemed kind of rude to me - he did give me one but it was I was asking myself, " why even bother?" You shouldn't have to feel that way just to simply ask for something. I had an enjoyable conversation the next morning with a lady named Tabatha, who was a supervisor of housekeeping on that floor so she made up for the guy last night.
If they had a rent-a-cop or some employee to just walk around the lot at night it would be a little reassuring. Sorry, but putting a scarecrow in the cornfield next to the lot just won't help unless it could fire a Glock 37! Despite it all I would I stay there again. I'm sure the nearby hotels have the same problem I mentioned.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Jersey Shore
Reviewed June 14, 2009

Well run Marriott property - clean, good breakfast, very nice staff, good service. Try the San Jose restaurant near the hotel. Surprisingly good Mexican food and cheap draft beer!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Maryland
Reviewed May 25, 2009

Stayed two nights one on the way to Georgia and one on the return trip. Frequent Marriot user. This hotel was clean and comfortable and ver convenient to I-95, less than 2 minutes after exiting. Complimentary breakfast was very good and well stocked, complete with waffle station and pre-packaged biscuits. Parking was well lit and late night staff friendly and efficient. Excellent safe choice off of I-95

Stayed May 2009, traveled with family