New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton
Biloxi, Mississippi
“Good place to stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

This is the second time we stayed here. It's clean and the breakfast buffet is very good - right down to the cinnamon and walnuts for the oatmeal and sugar-free syrup. The hotel is right on the interstate, but we didn't find it too noisy.

Room Tip: There are only a few rooms facing the highway - you probably don't want one of them.
2 Thank Mary P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
America
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stayed here enroute to Florida and found the facility and its staff to be excellent. Inn was an easy exit and entrance from I-95 at Exti 20. Front desk staff were very accommodating and check-in was smooth. Room was at the rear of the facility away from I-95 traffic and was very restful. Cracker Barrel next door was convienent. Inn's free breakfast provided everything I could think of. Internet access was available in lobby as well as in the room.

4 Thank Traveler1795
Renee M, Manager at Fairfield Inn Lumberton, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience during your stay. We are delighted that your stay with the Fairfield Inn Lumberton was enjoyable.

virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Booked this on way to Ocean Isle Beach. Had reserved 2 queen beds. Got their at 1100 pm. They had gave my queens to someone else. They did give us a king with a pull out which was fine for my son. We stayed on the noisy I 95 end. Breakfast was good. No complaints.

Room Tip: Ask for the back side of the motel. Away from the interstate.
1 Thank hokieman90
I would like to express my apologies for any inconvenience that occured during your stay with us. We value you as a guest and our goal is to provide you with excellent service. We are renovationing our property and in part of that we had to adjust a few rooms and that had to be what occured in this situation. This is nothing that our hotel does on a regular basis. We are bettering our property for each guest. Thank You for you feedback and as always Thank You for choosing the Fairfield Inn by Marriott.
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

I am a Marriott rewards member. I had a guaranteed reservation for 7 nights and when I arrived to check in around midnight there were no parking spots left and the only room left was a wheelchair accessible room facing the I-95 highway. I would have expected them to save a better room for me and I am downgrading for that. The front desk told me to park at the restaurant next door. They are so used to people staying here for just one night that I think they did not consider my needs. I expect better from a Marriott. I switched to another hotel because of this.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Springfield, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

We were on our way to Virginia from Florida and stopped for the night. The hotel was nice - your basic hotel along I-95 variety. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. I had read reviews about the noise from the parking lot and the interstate but we had our AC blowing full blast so we didn't hear any noise from outside. The free breakfast was good and had all the standard fare including sausage gravy and biscuits and scrambled eggs. We had no complaints except for the lack of restaurants in town. There is a Cracker Barrel next door to the hotel but I am not a fan. We will definitely stay there again if we ever stop in Lumberton.

Quincy, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

While on our way north from Florida to Boston we were looking for a place to spend the night. AAA recommended The Fairfield Inn in Lumberton, N.C. It was a very nice place to put up for the night. The front desk staff was very accommodating and helpful. The room was well laid out and very clean. There was a gas station nearby and, for dinner, a Cracker Barrel nearby as well. The hotel was quiet lending to a very restful nights sleep.

The hotel is right off I-95.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

On our way home from Washington DC to Orlando, we stopped overnight at the Fairfield Inn Lumberton. I booked the hotel on the Marriott app the night before arrival. As we were leaving DC at 5 pm, I called the hotel to let them know we would be there around 11 pm and would like a couple of extra towels. Usually a room has towels enough for 3 people and since there were 4 of us, knowing we would all want to shower, we'd need extra towels. Theresa answered the phone and I told her who I was, noting we had a reservation, and that we'd like extra towels. She honestly seemed like she could care less. She told me that they were out of towels and that the hotel was sold out, further explaining all the of the towels were either in rooms or dirty because the guest used them all at the pool. I explained we really only needed 1 towel and we'd be good. She said she'd see what she could do to find us a towel and that I should mention it to the clerk when we check in that night. Not impressed or amused. I'm gold elite with Marriott and have a lot of nights already in the bag with Marriott with a lot more coming up. If I give you 6 hours notice, you'd think a hotel could come up with 1 towel.

So we arrive at the hotel at 11:30 pm. I'm bleary eyed and the family is asleep in the car. I walk into the lobby and it's hot. Jungle hot. Apparently the AC was broken and fans were blowing to circulate air. The night clerk was very personable, had my room blocked, although she did not know anything about my quest for a single towel so all 4 members of my family could shower before bed. No word was left behind. No extra towels were placed in my room. So after explaining my plight and sharing the absurdity of the situation, she told me to hang on and she would see what she had in back. Lo and behold, she came out and gave me TWO towels. I nearly passed out. TWO towels? Time to buy a lotto ticket.

In all seriousness, I appreciate the gesture and so did the rest of my family. I did not appreciate the treatment over the phone. This is a decent roadside Fairfield that regularly sells out because of it's location. The rooms are clean and the property is a stopover. The dining area is small and congested. We did not eat there because the lobby was just too hot, although the food looked good and was packed with people eager to get on the road. I can recommend this location only because it is clean and safe, but don't go in with super high expectations. It is what it is.

2 Thank David G
Shanna R, Manager at Fairfield Inn Lumberton, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
I would like to apologize for the incorrect handling of your situation. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience it seems we have failed to do so with your past stay. I would like to speak with you further if you could please contact me at 910-739-8444 directly at the hotel. We truly appreciate you as our guest and would love to make your next stay as enjoyable as possible.