“Good Facility”

Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton
Delray Beach, Florida
“Good Facility”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2006

This is a two star Mobil Guide facility located, I believe, about half way from NYC to South Florida and about one third of the way from DC to South Florida. It deserves it's Mobil rating. Room was clean, and it had a mini refrigerator and a microwave; it has a Denny's on site (not gourmet certainly, but most adequate for an overnight stay). If you stop at the NC welcome center on I-95 their flyer offers a $10 discount off AAA/AARP rates. Present the flyer at check-in. A satisfactory stop in the middle of nowhere on a long motor trip. With that caveat, highly recommended.

• Liked — Location and cleanliness
  • Tips/Secrets — Stop at NC Welcome Center
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Lou Sernoff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Leesport, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2006

Every year we drive home from Florida and stop here overnight. It is in a nice location. But every year it seems to drop a notch. We had mold on the ceilings, the air was not on when we arrived, and the people at the desk were not as courteous as other years. The bathroom was musty smelling. We were disappointed this time. We know that these hotels get used hard on 95, but I think it is time for a spruce up. We would like to stay there next year on our way home, but we will be watching this site to see if they shaped up at all.

Stayed July 2006
2 Thank tooz60
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2006

Based on a review here, I went ahead and reserved a room through the HoJo's central reservation, 1 person 1 night, $59 + tax. When I arrived at the hotel, I asked what a room would cost, was told $41 + tax. Given that I guaranteed the room with a credit card, ended up paying $65 for a room that should've cost me $45; HoJo's corporate guest services said there's nothing they can do about it. So, given that I paid like $20 more than I should have for the room, I guess I was somewhat less willing to put up with flaws in the hotel experience than I might otherwise have been. So that when I got to the room and pulled back the bedspread on one bed, I noticed a blood stain on the top fold of the topsheet. I tried the other bed, pulled back the pillows, nasty black stain on that fitted sheet. I called down and the lady said she'd give me another room. This other room's bed's sheets were clean, but the room door was not self-closing, which I think is a violation of federal law. The alarm clock didn't work. There were beer-bottlecaps on the porch. And overall, if you have yet to accept Jesus H. C. as your lord & savior, you may not be comfortable staying at this motel, given that the HoJo's signs outside the place read "In god we trust," and the check-in window bore a plastic cross with the word "Jesus" dangling from it. So, if you're planning on stopping in Lumberton on your drive up/down I-95, I'd recommend phoning this motel directly and making your reservation through them, or just show up without a reservation as there are dozens of motels in this area -- including at exits north and south, so if the thousands of rooms available here are filled, head up or down an exit and you'll score a place, cheap, no problem.

• Stayed June 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Lumberton hotels

Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2005

Nice and clean hotel and right off I-95. A nice place to stop and rest after a day of driving.

Stayed July 2005
Washington, DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2003

stayed here on our way home from Orlando, FL. It was clean, quiet and no problems. Would stay here again.

2 Thank kimkru