“Excellent personalized Service”

Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton
Flat Rock, NC
“Excellent personalized Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2010

An older hotel, but clean and well maintained. Superb helpful service. The best thing is the recliners in the rooms, a necessity for one who cannot sleep in a bed or needs feet raised. And a freezer in the frig for the required ice pack. Close to highway and restaurants. Good breakfast and newspaper, too.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2009

We stayrd one night on way back from Charleston S.C. Couldn"t be more conveniant as it is right off I -95. A very nice and modern hotel close to restaurants and malls in area. We ate at the Texas steakhouse that is right across the street next to Exxon station. The room was spacious with two types of pillows soft and firm. A nice stay and very quiet. NO SMELLS! Very clean. There is a all night Dennys and a full service lounge open untill 11 pm. Rate was 78 dollars AAA rate wich is very reasonable.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank berrysink
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2009

I admit that I was skeptical after reading the reviews here, but we enjoyed our stay here. The room was clean and up-to-date, there were no overwhelming smells, there didn't seem to be any criminal activity on-site, in fact we saw more families than anything. It is right in a mall area, so the upside is the convenience of other things if you need them, and the downside is that you're in a mall area. We'd stay there again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
SC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2009

The hotel is in conjunction with a Denny's - so naturally everything in the hotel smelled like a stinky dinner. If you're into that .... great hotel.....if not STAY AWAY. Hotel staff = awful. I checked in at 11PM and waited at least 1/2 hour so the greasey pimple kid to show his face and ask what I needed.... If I wouldln't have had a reservation I would not have stayed. Hotel also has an odd set up with sections and only stairs....
I stay in holiday inn's pretty often and this was one of the worst.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Lumberton hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2008

I was in Lumberton for business & booked this hotel through Hotwire. I got a good deal, so I can't say for certain how it relates to their typical rates. At any rate, I was only able to stay for 1 night & didn't arrive until 10:30p, but from what I saw, I thought the place was nice. It was located close to I95 & close to restaurants. It's only about 2 miles from the center of Lumberton. The hotel itself had an in-house Denny's that also provided room service & a lounge/bar. My room was spacious, clean & the beds/pillows (2 double queens) were very comfortable. As for amenities, I had internet access, a coffee maker, iron/board, TV, & fridge/microwave. The only negative I could say is that the "desk" was a small round table, but then again, I wasn't in a "business room". The front desk staff was very nice too.

• Liked — Location, cleanliness & onsite Denny's.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank MightyClong
Amherst, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2008

We stayed at this hotel on our way from Florida back to Western NY. We nearly cancelled after reading the reviews of the dangerous area. I'm very glad we didn't cancel. Our room was very nice, large, perfectly clean and quiet. It obviously had been recently redone. The area was fine, we had no problems with any unsavory characters; we were specifically looking out because of the reviews, too. The location couldn't be more convenient for an overnight travel stop - there are restaurants, gas stations, a grocery store, other hotels, all within view. I would have no qualms about staying here again.

• Liked — Convenient, clean and quiet
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ejboldt
SE North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2007

I travel extensively for my job and stay in many hotels. Frequently I stay in the Holiday Inn/ Holiday Inn Express family because they are usually very consistent. On the night of my arrival I went to check in and was told that I did have a room but there was no direct billing (which is how all of my rooms are paid). The woman behiind the desk became very loud with discussion to another employee regarding the short comings of the other employees that wowrk behind the desk and how incompetent they were in handling situations like this.

She continued to be very rude to me telling me that I would have to pay for the room because there was no record of the direct billing. I assured her that I had stayed in this facility several times before and there was a credit card number on file for direct billing.

She became even more rude when I asked for a downstairs room near the fitness center.

While she completely ignored me during her ranting and raving to the other employee I finally asked her if I could go to my room to which she snapped back yes.

If it was not so late when I arrived I would not have stayed at this facility but would have found another friendlier hotel.

• Disliked — front desk staff
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business