“Great Place to stay for overnight stay off of I-95!”

Holiday Inn Lumberton
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton
Toms River, New Jersey
“Great Place to stay for overnight stay off of I-95!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

My wife, my 1.5yr old son and I stayed here on Friday April 11th, 2014, on our way to South Carolina for Easter/Spring Break. I am a Police Officer and researched many hotels, and locations to stop that would be safe for my family, as well as our car in the parking lot. Eventually I booked based on the mostly positive reviews, as well as the great value price that I locked in with the book early and save feature. I must say that upon arrival, the hotel was much better than I imagined. The negative reviews were totally wrong. The hotel is located directly off of I-95, and cannot be in any better location for those looking for a quick few hours of sleep. The hotel is also located in what appears to be a busy rest stop area, so its not in a "dark and secluded" spot like people made it out to be. Moral of the story, I felt safe, safe, and safe. The hotel itself was very clean, and inside there locking doors to keep unwanted guests out of the hallways. Our nights sleep was quiet and uninterrupted. Our room was large and clean, and the AC functioned great. Due to traffic on I-95, I contacted the front desk to advise them I'd be checking in very late. Upon arrival, I observed the hotel was booked full, and was greeted by a friendly male front desk clerk, who had my room keys waiting for me. I am very pleased with this hotel, and will definitely stay here again on any trips to the South.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
StevenGeneralManager, Front Desk at Holiday Inn Lumberton, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Adam K,
Our staff here at Holiday Inn Lumberton North are very serious about providing "Great Guest Experiences" and when we get reviews like this one we know our goal has been met. I will pass your compliments to all the staff. We appreciate you as a guest and certainly look forward to providing you and your family with another Great Experience.

Jacqueline

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Marbella, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

Picked this hotel while driving to Florida. It was obviously not built to be a Holiday Inn and probably is on its "sell-off" list as well. A bit long in the tooth hooked to a Denny's Restaurant so there is no complimentary breakfast and no lobby coffee. The Denny's Restaurant is also sub-par but OK for sandwiches -- all this for $120 a night. When in Lumberton, try someplace else.

Room Tip: Go someplace else.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
StevenGeneralManager, Front Desk Staff at Holiday Inn Lumberton, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Maybaum,
First, let me say thank you for your review. This property was built from the ground up to be a Holiday Inn and it hasn't been anything but since it's construction. I really don't understand "a bit long in the tooth" but we hope you will give us atry again the next time you are i Lumberton.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

I stayed at this hotel simply because I was driving the Interstate-95 corridor and needed a place to sleep between FL and DC. It was perfect for that. The staff were extremely helpful, the front desk clerk efficient. Because of the location (a commercial area with lots of chain restaurants and gas stations nearby), I would not say this is a nice place for families or for anything besides using the hotel amenities. The decor is a bit tired, but the hotel was exceptionally clean, as was my room. I would not recomment Holiday Inn spend the $$$ to update the decor because I think the kind and efficient staff and the cleanliness well make up for the slightly dated style.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear gisjob4me,
Thank you for all of your kind words and for taking the time to write this review. We value you as a guest and we value your feedback. We wolud love to see you again when you come this way again.
Jacqueline/Front Desk Staff
New jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

I gave this hotel a very good rating because overall it was a good place to sleep during my 1 night stop. The room is very clean, the bathroom was very nice. The beds are comfortable and very clean. What I didn't like was the constant knock on the door from the housekeeper at 9am. I didn't ask for a wake up call, I answered yes and she walked away. 10 minutes later she knocked again and again I said yes!! and she simply stood in front of the door then kept on walking. I understand if she wants to clean but I paid for my room and check out is noon so why are you knocking twice. I get once to see if we are still in the room but once I answered she should not have knocked twice. I had to put the do not disturb sign on the door. This was unpleasant and rude. It wasn't even 9:30am. The Denny's attached to the hotel was good for a midnight snack.

Room Tip: Tell the front desk to make sure the housekeepers do not start knocking at 9am if you plan to sleep...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank zaly
StevenGeneralManager, Front Desk at Holiday Inn Lumberton, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for your review. I do apologize for the unwanted wake-up. We have rapid check out so most guest leave without coming to the front desk and housekeeping merely check the rooms. If the do not disturb sign is on the door they will not knock. We hope you will sty with us again.
Loxahatchee, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

I was driving from Washington DC and arrived in the hotel at 1.30 am.
Next morning I asked for 12.30 check out instead of usual 12.00 o'clock
They told me no and I had to leave the room at noon.
The hotel was totally empty as I went to my car and noticed just a couple of cars on the empty parking lot

• Stayed April 2014
StevenGeneralManager, Front Desk at Holiday Inn Lumberton, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear alex12914,
I am glad you stayed with us and hope you will again. Late check-outs are based upon availability. The fact that you state the parking lot was empty is an indication to me that it was not available. The fewer rooms sold the least likely a late checkout is available. We do try to accomodate if possible. I apologize for any inconveinence this may have caused you. Thank you for staying with us.
Bethesda, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

I always stay here driving north on I-95. It is right off the exit, clean and comfortable. The bath has a stack of fluffy white towels. Denny's is an option right in the main lobby. Reception provides discount coupons. However, Outback is a short 2 block drive, safer to drive at night. It is always crowded even if you go early for dinner at 6:00pm. Approximately 8-10 miles south of the hotel exit is a rest stop. Most times they have coupons for $20.00 discount on the room. There's your free dinner at Outback.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
StevenGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lumberton, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear valued guest,
We are glad that you chose to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

I had a two-night business trip to Lumberton, NC and was a little depressed at the lack of available hotel accommodations. As HI is a preferred vendor of my then company, we opted for the Holiday Inn. Who would have thought this hotel would be a pleasant surprise? Not me for sure, but I was wrong.

Despite its exterior appearance, everything inside met or exceeded my expectations for an off-exit Holiday Inn. The customer service was top-notch, the room was quiet & clean, SPOTLESS in fact, and the best part is the location. A quick walk will get you to the Outback and across the street is a Starbucks! The Denny's onsite is a bit below average, but you can always opt for breakfast at one of the other restaurants nearby.

Despite the location being close to the interstate, it was very quiet, and the rooms were very accessible. The room had a comfortable but firm love seat, mini-fridge was great for leftovers or the occasional snack item, and the room was spotless. If you have to make a stop in Lumberton, I'd recommend the HI over one of the other hotels the next exit up.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
StevenGeneralManager, Front Desk Staff at Holiday Inn Lumberton, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Altmaverick,
Thank you so very much for your kind words. We are especially glad that we exceeded your expectations and would like to do so again on your next trip to Lumberton.